CR CNY 2nd day at pasir ris main pond =)

Fishing from ponds operated by commercial entities. This includes fresh and saltwater fishing and prawning.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ekkewang
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: any fishing methods as long as can catch fish!

CR CNY 2nd day at pasir ris main pond =)

Post by ekkewang »

hello peeps!

Not giving up, went back to pasir ris main pond on CNY 2nd day to try one last time for "nian nian" have fish!

The last 2 times i went did not catch anything!!!

reach there about 2pm, bought 100g of live prawns and started fishing at the spot just in front of the bait shop.

1st hour got nth... the live prawn keep on kena eaten off the internal parts/legs/inner head etc by those small fishes...

2nd hour... after my gf's rod, the prawn kena disturbed again by the small fishes, she reel back the dead prawn...when reeling in, just about 2 meters awy from shore, suddenly got 1 KBL jump out of water and gulp down the prawn that is reeling in! my gosh... thats the 1st fish! haha! without any fight... the kbl landed by my gf!

then moments later, my rod oso kena pull till bent on the rod holder... quickly go give it a jerk! fish on! with some bit of fight, the red colour fish landed! but its a 1 eye monster.. -.-! head from an indian guy beside me saying that still edible just that the water condition not good thats y liddat... he himself caught a bigger one after i caught mine... OSO 1 eye!!! :confused:

later on coming into the 3rd hour... my gf rod and my rod both got pulling... seems like small fish... but we gave the rod a hard hard jerk! fish on!!!

lol no need fight! the 2 fish swam towards us... easily landed... 2 small bait stealers... poor thing we both hooked their cheeks... hehe

actually wanted to release the 2 fish... thinking again... since its our 1st saltwater fish, we decided to keep it as the uncle near us told us can deep fry and eat... nv try b4 so try once lo... next time will release it back...

saw 2 young gers there doing pole rod fishing... looks cool and fun! no reel de... jus the rod like prawning rod and line with small small hook to catch those small small fishes at the sides... best thing is! they no need to pay money n can have fun!!!

well... thats all... then the rest of the day till 10pm didnt get anything... no bite at all... until....

when i took the fish to de-scale at the bait shop... parked my rod with a live prawn just maybe 2 meters awy from shore... when i come back... my float with light stick missing!!!

faster grab the rod and give it a tough jerk... everyone beside me amazed now... cuz the fish surfaced and jumped... its a huge KBL heard from others maybe 3-4kgs... wad a dam fighter!!! keep on paying out my line... set the drag alrdy then reel in again n again... when the fish is on the shallow water just beside the shore... i dun have a net so i try to hold the rod with 1 hand and try to reach for the fish... i guess cuz i slacked the line by this action... the kns KBL run again! and dehooked itself... :(.... dam sad!

and this ended my day/night of fishing!!! sad with the last miss... but happy cuz its my 1st saltwater fish!!! haha...

my thoughts are that pond fishes are even lousier fighters compared to peacock bass at lower seletar... -.-... guess i might wait for my kayak to come and go for kayak fishing :)

here are the pics...

ekkewang
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Re: CR CNY 2nd day at pasir ris main pond =)

Post by ekkewang »

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

ekkewang !
What a day ! 2nd day of CNY and you went fishing !
Looks like you are having fun playing with the KBLs in PRMP huh :p Ur persistent and the efforts u put in did get paid off ya ? :cool:
I bet the last fight with the huge KBL left u sleepless throughout the night ! :lol: !
Anyway, Nice CR ! :D
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Sounds like an exciting trip, or at least better than your previous trips. ;) Your girlfriend must be your lady luck for this new year, remember to bring her with you when you go fishing again. A pity for your last fish, but for kbls that often jumps when hooked, the chances of throwing hook is relatively high even if you where there to strike the fish early on.

The pond has many of these green chromide (the green fish you caught). It's not easy to get rid of them and they multiply rather fast, operators usually let people fish them for free as it benefits them as well.

Thanks for sharing your exciting report. :)

ekkewang
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by ekkewang »

lol... thanks guys!

yea i really got slpless nights... keep thinking how come it will dehook... and how can i get the fish when i got no net...

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

nice cr brother , next time must remanber to bring a net =D

afternoonfish
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Anything

Post by afternoonfish »

wah seems like 初二 got many pple caught fish ah.. :shocked:

I got many tambans, and my neighbour also caught fish from a barren longkang on that same day leh :lol:

afternoonfish
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Anything

Post by afternoonfish »

fishingboy wrote:what is or where is the barren long kang ? i never heard before lol
near my house one.