Failure at Changi Boardwalk...

Fishing from ponds operated by commercial entities. This includes fresh and saltwater fishing and prawning.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Failure at Changi Boardwalk...

Post by gohyuheng »

... means success at pasir ris paypond!!

Live prawns at Changi Boardwalk seemed to be awfully silent and the sun was unbearable. Sarong worms and prawn meat had no takes either, after 5 hours decided I was done here and went over to make my second visit to pasir ris skills pond LOL

Used to pole rod this time, think it's a lot better than the one for kids actually!! Think I did very well there, the other people weren't catching much but I was hooking up non stop :whistle:

2 hours at the skills pond, here's the total catch! 8kg of fish :)

Here's the fishes I brought home after giving many to relatives and friends

Quite annoyed because my biggest catch, a GT weighing about 1.5kg that I landed after fighting for a good 10 minutes managed to escape the net.
The lines on the pole rods aren't too strong so I had run around the pond, being dragged around by the fish till I had the opportunity to yank it out. The staff were impressed I managed to land it :grin:
Didn't even get a photo with it though :(

Overall still a good day though! (as can be seen from my face) :p
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Failure at Changi Boardwalk...

Post by Peace »

Sorry the boardwalk trip turned out to be a disappointment, if you should ever try there again perhaps you can try fishing on a spring tide. Your charm is at Pasir Ris Pond I guess, I bet it makes up for the horrible 5 hours in the sun earlier. Awesome haul at the skill pond, you looked so happy and carefree in the picture. :D

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

Couldn't resist another trip to the skills pond :x

Today's catch is very different from the previous trips! Same time, same day, same bait but totally different catches ö

Though there's significantly lesser catches, all of them are BIG.
Smallest one weighed 800 grams. Surprisingly no pomfrets seen today! Maybe they stocked up different fishes this time.

My sister had the more thrilling catches with a 950g orange-spotted grouper, 900g GT and 800g mangrove jack.

All of my catches were ~900g mangrove jacks :sweatdrop:

Icylines
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: jetty fishing, handline fishing, random fishing (literally)

Post by Icylines »

Nice catch what's the bait used? Looks like it is a killer for the fish
Wheres my Fish?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Those aren't mangrove jacks but ang kuey. All are quality fish but grouper is probably the best tasting fish among the farm bred. Good catch, siblings power away! :yay:

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

Icylines wrote:Nice catch what's the bait used? Looks like it is a killer for the fish
I use peeled fresh market prawn. They work super well on pomfrets but didn't see any of them today. Couple of others were using live prawns and they landed more kbl and groupers. Guess success depends on what they stock that day!
Peace wrote:Those aren't mangrove jacks but ang kuey. All are quality fish but grouper is probably the best tasting fish among the farm bred. Good catch, siblings power away! :yay:
Oh they weren't that red so I thought they looked more like mangrove jacks :x
Nevertheless, as long as they all taste good :p