Going Bedok Jetty this friday! tips to catch big fish there.

For shore anglers casting far out into the sea.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure fishing,surfishing and offshore fishiing

Going Bedok Jetty this friday! tips to catch big fish there.

Post by ageangel »

After months of luringv at freshwater,miss saltwater, so me and my friend and and cuzin decide to hijack bedok jetty again.
But this time,gonna bring two rods,one for live bait,
another for luring[to ease my boredom],will only use this if not crowded.
And perhaps bring my so called tamban warrior friend for the live baits.

Is the 14lb suffix line enough for medium size big fish?
20 lb line too..

And is it good to use two hooks or one?
decide to just tie a hook at my line then put live bait on my 14 lb line then let it swim in the water by releasing the line,
last time got a bite,pulled in was fighting then it went free,cant recognise it since it was nite.When i reel back,saw only left the head,the part where i hook the fish,it goes with all of my live baits,left the head..hahax..

any suggestion or good luck messege?..xD

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Going Bedok Jetty this friday! tips to catch big fish th

Post by Peace »

ageangel wrote:Is the 14lb suffix line enough for medium size big fish?
20 lb line too..
Shouldn't be a problem if your knots are tied securely and with care.
ageangel wrote:And is it good to use two hooks or one?
decide to just tie a hook at my line then put live bait on my 14 lb line then let it swim in the water by releasing the line,
last time got a bite,pulled in was fighting then it went free,cant recognise it since it was nite.When i reel back,saw only left the head,the part where i hook the fish,it goes with all of my live baits,left the head..hahax..
If it's live bait, use one hook. More would be inviting yourself to an untangling 'fun' time. :lol: If your setup is simply a hook attached to your line without anything else, your bait may stay very close to the surface. It's an entirely bad thing depending on what you're targeting for, but I do know Todaks will be the first to notice your baits.

Good luck to you and your friends for your Bedok Jetty fishing trip! :)

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:
ageangel wrote:Is the 14lb suffix line enough for medium size big fish?
20 lb line too..
Shouldn't be a problem if your knots are tied securely and with care.
ageangel wrote:And is it good to use two hooks or one?
If it's live bait, use one hook. More would be inviting yourself to an untangling 'fun' time. :lol: If your setup is simply a hook attached to your line without anything else, your bait may stay very close to the surface. It's an entirely bad thing depending on what you're targeting for, but I do know Todaks will be the first to notice your baits.

Good luck to you and your friends for your Bedok Jetty fishing trip! :)
hahax..tanx,it will be cool if its enough the line..
for the bait,i will first try just the hook and the tamban bait cause if i put a weight,wont it effect the fish swimming rate?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

It won't do significant harm to the fish so long the line between the sinker and the fish is long enough. It's best use with some current. If there's no current at all, you can do without the weight but the tamban may end up crossing your neighbours' lines.

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:It won't do significant harm to the fish so long the line between the sinker and the fish is long enough. It's best use with some current. If there's no current at all, you can do without the weight but the tamban may end up crossing your neighbours' lines.
the thing is i don't have any weight that are light enough to be use..,or the money to go buy,,hahax

teamilk
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: All types of fishing, Prawning

Post by teamilk »

ageangel wrote:
Peace wrote:It won't do significant harm to the fish so long the line between the sinker and the fish is long enough. It's best use with some current. If there's no current at all, you can do without the weight but the tamban may end up crossing your neighbours' lines.
the thing is i don't have any weight that are light enough to be use..,or the money to go buy,,hahax
use a split shot. not expensive.
i think 5-6 split shots are priced at $1.80. (8.0g) it's in a package.
if u choose the lighter ones, u get more @ $1.80.