woodlands waterfront

For shore anglers casting far out into the sea.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Aidil
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing And Handline Fishing

woodlands waterfront

Post by Aidil »

i am planning to go to woodlands waterfront this weekend.. Any tips from angler who hv been there recently?

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Re: woodlands waterfront

Post by sgpu »

i have not been there recntly. but before the jetty was developed. spcies there consist of kim, cuda, snappers and mangrove jack. good luck to you. maybe you can come back and fill me with your encounters?
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

MrTurtle7
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf fishing, lure fishing.

Post by MrTurtle7 »

I go to woodlands jetty quite often but usually don't catch anything other than 1 or 2 small fish. :cry:
I tired lures and tamban jig. Both are not really that effective. I heard that u can try to foul hook some assam, but u need to spot them first :o They are usually swimming around in schools. :fish2: :fish2: :fish2:

If you found any effective method, please tell me! quite desperate to get something bigger :cry:
Thanks~

Aidil
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing And Handline Fishing

Post by Aidil »

MrTurtle7 wrote:I go to woodlands jetty quite often but usually don't catch anything other than 1 or 2 small fish. :cry:
I tired lures and tamban jig. Both are not really that effective. I heard that u can try to foul hook some assam, but u need to spot them first :o They are usually swimming around in schools. :fish2: :fish2: :fish2:

If you found any effective method, please tell me! quite desperate to get something bigger :cry:
Thanks~
sure i will tell you waht i encounter and thx for the advice..

nicholasccc
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: lure fishing

Post by nicholasccc »

Hi guy,

most effective way is to cast a net. there are regular doing it and sell by kg to the local neighbour.

using Foul hook method you need to a few cast then just only one fish got hook. no easy and your hand will be tried too.