pasir ris

For shore anglers casting far out into the sea.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

pasir ris

Post by gohyuheng »

hey this coming saturday i gonna go all the way to pasir ris to do some fishing and netting(hand net). so... pasir ris use what bait? there got waht fish? float or lure? what size hook ? pls answer ^^
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: pasir ris

Post by Peace »

Do you mean Pasir Ris Beach Park? You can try using dead or live prawns or sarong worms for bottom baiting. Hook size depends on the type and size of fish you're targeting. If you're using a whole prawn, use size 2/0 hook. There are probably sand whitings, croakers, grunters, chermins and catfishes around. You can do some luring while you bait to keep yourself busy. :cool: Good luck fishing.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

i rekindle my fishing interest on the api api bridge catching whitings every weekend. witnessed mackerel, queen fish, kim bak lor, cuda, mangrove jack and sting ray too.

free parking. toilet walking distance less crowded compared to ECP.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

WAH REALLY UNLUCKY EH. I GO THERE TWO DAYS FISH THERE OVER NIGHT , USE VERY TINY PRAWNS, NOT A SINGLE FISH, ONLY GOT ALOT OF CRABS =(
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Chatellany
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Learning luring and getting into surfcasting.

Post by Chatellany »

Learn to enjoy the process, hard work gets paid off.

noobANGLER
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure fishing and handline fishing and squid fishing

Post by noobANGLER »

gohyuheng wrote:hey this coming saturday i gonna go all the way to pasir ris to do some fishing and netting(hand net). so... pasir ris use what bait? there got waht fish? float or lure? what size hook ? pls answer ^^
U may try using live/dead tambans and prawns and u r targetting kbl,u should use live/dead prawns.

If u r targetting cudas, u should use live/dead tambans BUT beware of them snagging ur line and there may be rays 2!!!

teamilk
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: All types of fishing, Prawning

Post by teamilk »

went pasir ris park couple months back...spent about 6 hours there, overnight and got nothing but 2 big rice sacks. haha.....so heavy my rod bend like crazy cos my hook hooked it.......anyway saw a group of uncles there that night, when i was walking around looking for good spots.
uncles caught a kbl, quite a good size.
but they tell me to hook up is not easy. they just kill weekend night time by sitting there drinking kopi, chit chatting. a catch is considered a bonus there.

i'd recommend using live prawns cos the small fishes are crazy biters. even when i used milk fish, reeled up, my milk fish kena biten till dead.

i went there alone so it was quite sad and boring. it's better to go there in a group at least if u need the loo, there's people to look after your belongings. lol....

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

I wonder if this has anything to do with the bacteria level in the water which NEA has warned about. The place should logically be an okay spot, there are many fish farms just off the beach. There will be escapees and food that attracts other fishes to come.