St' John Island Tips

For shore anglers casting far out into the sea.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

junhao43
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

St' John Island Tips

Post by junhao43 »

Hello people!

Tomorrow I am going to St John Island with some friends. Anyone fish at St John Island before? Maybe can tips on bait, spot etc.

If I get fishes, I'll remember to take photos to share my poison! :lol:

pyl
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Re: St' John Island Tips

Post by pyl »

for todaks n queeny, think u should use small tambans/kunings. float + 1m leader . tats wat i did, kn quite a few todaks b4 liao. wait for alley the pro or princess dbs help u better.

pyl
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by pyl »

for todaks n queeny, think u should use small tambans/kunings. float + 1m leader . tats wat i did, kn quite a few todaks b4 liao. wait for alley the pro or princess dbs help u better.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Sorry for the late reply. I've not been there for quite some time but I believe most people would be fishing on the causeway. I'm not sure if you're still able to crossover to Lazarus Island though, that side is better for surf fishing but you have to walk pretty far in.

For the causeway, the current is usually fast and may be totally unfishable during spring tides. You can still fish on the sides where you can avoid the current but it's a very snaggy place all around. The causeway is a good way to target from queenfishes, mackerels and todaks using artificial lures or live bait fishes.

Good luck!

junhao43
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by junhao43 »

Hmm current was way too strong at the causeway on that day. Only caught one todak, one ah seng and one rabbitfish. Ended the trip as soon as the boat came because the heat was super hot. Not a good day..

No picture was taken because camera man was busy taking photos of people instead of fishes. Sorry HLF! :sweatdrop:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

No problems with pics. :) What about Lazarus Island, do they still open the gate at the end of the causeway to let people through?

junhao43
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by junhao43 »

Peace wrote:No problems with pics. :) What about Lazarus Island, do they still open the gate at the end of the causeway to let people through?
Yup Lazarus Island is still open. Although there are some metal fences beside the causeway, you can still walk through even motocycle can when through. But when you enter St John Island, you have to pay $0.50 Admission Fee to an uncle because Sentosa Resort Company took over St John Island already. :(

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

The 50 cents thingy sounds kind of wacky, I believe both islands were under Sentosa. If Lazarus is still open to the public, I may want to give fishing a try there. :grin:

junhao43
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by junhao43 »

Peace wrote:The 50 cents thingy sounds kind of wacky, I believe both islands were under Sentosa. If Lazarus is still open to the public, I may want to give fishing a try there. :grin:
All the best! Poison me with you catches in Lazarus Island! Remember to bring mineral water and sunblock, the weather was super duper hot and I got tanned ! :rant:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Haha yes, I know how hot it can get and I almost got toasted the last time I was there. Sufficient drinking water is definitely my first priority. :sweatdrop: