For enthusiasts using artificial lures.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Mr.LURE
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure fishing,handline fishing

luring rod

Post by Mr.LURE »

What type of rod is suitable 4 luring?Can a rod wif 10 to 20 lb line weight be used???
THKS...

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Re: luring rod

Post by limfish »

buy a multi rod id my choice
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

No problem with a 10-20lbs rod, more importantly is what type of lure/lure weight and line weight you will be using. Consider getting a rod length that suits your casting distance and preferrably getting a lightest rod possible so you can be comfortable with cranking the lure all day. :D

Mr.LURE
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Mr.LURE »

THKS 4 REPLY

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

Peace wrote:No problem with a 10-20lbs rod, more importantly is what type of lure/lure weight and line weight you will be using. Consider getting a rod length that suits your casting distance and preferrably getting a lightest rod possible so you can be comfortable with cranking the lure all day. :D

by lightest my dear friend meant mass of your fish rod. not light weight line measured in terms of pounds. lbs. nor light lure weight.

indeed, mass of a luring rod coupled with a light weight reel mass is most appropriate for long hours luring. logically, non would walked some 1 hour of track to reach ground so as to lure for another hour or less. due, tired after an hour of casting. it would be a pity.

light weight rod i highly recommend shiman scimitar roughly $53 or less. changi pro. very nice action too. most suitable for freash water luring. ;)
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

MrTurtle7
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf fishing, lure fishing.

Post by MrTurtle7 »

I usually use ReliX coral star rod with Shimano Alivio 1000 reel for light luring or jigging, but is this setup suitable?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

MrTurtle7 wrote:I usually use ReliX coral star rod with Shimano Alivio 1000 reel for light luring or jigging, but is this setup suitable?
For light luring, it's probably enough. But if you happen to encounter an aggressive biggie, you may not want to wait too long to go all out on the fish.

Mr.LURE
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Mr.LURE »

my popper and floating lures are very light,so is there any ways to add some weight but does not affect the action of the lures??? :D

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

Mr.LURE wrote:my popper and floating lures are very light,so is there any ways to add some weight but does not affect the action of the lures??? :D
floating lures are designed to be light. why would you want to add weights to it?

you might want to try surfcae cruiser? they are heavier i think yet they float. though i never use surface cruiser before. :D
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It's difficult not to alter the function of the lure when you add even a little weight to it. If it's casting distance you want to improve on, try using using lines that offer ultra thin diameter:strength like the Berkley Whiplash. If the lure is ultralight, using a spinning setup helps, coupled with a long rod and you'll get some extra distance straight away.