For enthusiasts using artificial lures.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Mr.LURE
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure fishing,handline fishing

luring @ ecp

Post by Mr.LURE »

anyone tried luring @ shore near bjt or breakwater???i wanted to catch my 1st kbl n grouper on lure,so anyone can tell me the catch rate thr n wat lure can b used 4 best result...THKS

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: luring @ ecp

Post by Peace »

Try luring from the stretches of breakwater along the beach for groupers with any deep diver or rubber lures. They usually hide at the small dropoffs a small distance away from the breakwater. It's easy to get snags so control your lure well. :sweatdrop:

Mr.LURE
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure fishing,handline fishing

Post by Mr.LURE »

how could snagging b prevented???would it help if i fish 4 groupers during low tide???btw,whr is the kbl???i heard Maria Angel Kiss work well on them...

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

You have to be familiar with the depth your lure dives as well as the spot's terrain. Most divers float, so if you hit the bottom just pause and let it float up a bit before cranking again. Lifting the rod higher will reduce the diving depth as well. I personally would lure during low tide so it's easier to reach the drop-offs, but be careful fishing during low tide as it can be very slippery down the breakwater.

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

I don't think ecp is a good spot for kim and grouper, but I probably should not say that it is impossible. I've seen kims being landed at BJT at night. and try the canal mouths. Grouper...never seen before there, only in CRs of some very good lurers. Breakwaters may have groupers, but I don't like losing lures. In short, it is difficult to lure there.
If you live near there and can fish there often, maybe can try 5-6am... outgoing tide at the canal mouths. but I've not done that before.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Groupers love hiding along breakwaters but like you say, there's a good chance you may suffer snags. Perhaps that's why certain lurers prefer to use rubbers at breakwaters instead.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

you can try weedless lures which hooks will not hook onto the rocks or make a weedless hook.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOgngFlL2-0
heres a link.
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Crabbing,Inshore,Jetty and Pond Fishing...

Post by Newguy »

How do u put a bait on the weeedless hook.
Sorry to confuse u coz I'm still new to this sport...

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Weedless hooks are commonly found on lures especially those frog or insect lures for luring in weedy areas. I suppose you can use it for baiting too, the hook simply has a spring clip that prevents weed from entering the mouth of the hook when retrieving. You can simply depress the spring clip and insert the bait.

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Crabbing,Inshore,Jetty and Pond Fishing...

Post by Newguy »

So can i actually slide in a cut rubber band on the hook and tie the other end of the ribber band to the shank as to easily put a bait on the hook.. but by then will i still catch any fish..
Sorry to confuse u coz I'm still new to this sport...

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I suppose you can but we can't be sure till you test it out. It won't work exactly the same as a typical weedless hook though, depending on the elasticity of the band it may have some resistance against a fish bite.