depth for crabbing with bento or traps

Interest group for crabbers and prawners alike.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Re: depth for crabbing with bento or traps

Post by stout infantfish »

Stop crabbing for a long long time,however,when i go crabbing,i go with FBO (Full battle order) thats's to say min of 20 crab nets.why so many you may ask? Basically,on average when u pull up the net to check for crabs and toss it back properly takes about 1 min.By the time i reach net 20,its already 20 mins provided there are no crabs(might take longer if there are).I like to use shark meat but it stinks like hell.One thing good about shark meat is that i can recycle it for multiple trips.Always get your mum or spouse permission before placing back the shark meat into the freezer.If not,surely you get crab at home :lol: Bedok jetty is good for mr blue (flower).but i managed to catch before funny things like lobster (450gm) trigger fish,eels and some sea slugs which looks like some alien.Mud crabs depend on season.
Next,punggol point my current ground,not that good cause boats playing up and down the jetty.However,you will get mrs brown (flower) there.Oh yes,why did i mention mr blue and mrs brown? this was taught by a season boatman.Do you notice that blue flower crabs are usually male and female are usually brown.just for your info.Anyway,The sea at current marina barrage is not good for crabbing as the angle of gradient causes your crab net to slant.Besides,current is too strong.I use to catch at the old singapore river,this is one of the best place to get mud crabs.Sembawang jetty usually gets plam size ones but the oil from the shipyard may put you off when crabbing.Next,sungei api api (Pasir Ris) yep,there are if you are lucky.But you must wait for the tide and colour of the water.Slightly brown is my favourite time to crab there.Oh yes,Full moon also plays a part when crabbing in the evening. Always bring along cutters or pliers,rubber bands or raffia strings (80cents one long roll) Ice box or nets is a must but please remember if you do not tie your crab,there is going to be a war in there and broken hands are common.Well,i have more to share but crabbing like fishing takes time and experience.Check with the regulars there and also respect those uncles.sometimes they might not share there trade but if you crab there regulary,they will be more happy to share their trade secret with you.Last but not least welcome to handline fishing forum.This is one of the best places for local and malaysia fishing matters.We have all the Mod Team and season ah kor(brothers) here.You can check with many of them like Peace,SGPU etc etc...Happy crabbing and plase post some pictures here on your lastest catch so you can motivate more crabbers to this forum.Post one crab you are a major,two crabs makes you a col.and 3 crabs wahahaha.Anything more,invit us here for a feast :)

alibabaCrabber
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: anything

Post by alibabaCrabber »

yup singapore river was one of the best spots for crabbing...
i once caught over 20plus mud crabs that was early 2000s prime time...
really miss the gd old days, ok i share with u guys 1 pic taken few years back.
last crabbing trip at singapore river using wire to hook them idea by my fren :D

narc0ticss
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Crabbing,fishing.

Post by narc0ticss »

Cool pic! But it not really easy to transport the rectangular trap around. I'm riding a bike, Any suggestions? I also wana get those small white boxes, any idea guys?

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

depth for crabbing with bento or traps

Post by Oinkie »

narc0ticss wrote:Cool pic! But it not really easy to transport the rectangular trap around. I'm riding a bike, Any suggestions? I also wana get those small white boxes, any idea guys?
Riding a bike as in bicycle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

narc0ticss
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Crabbing,fishing.

Post by narc0ticss »

Motocycle haha a kup kia. (Like x1r, spark, x1 those bikes without the fuel tank in between their legs)

D 4 M N
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Crab fishing

Post by D 4 M N »

Hmm so is the green colour cage or the black colour rectangle cage is better?