Did anyone when to the net shop @ beach rd recently?

Interest group for crabbers and prawners alike.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

narc0ticss
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Crabbing,fishing.

Did anyone when to the net shop @ beach rd recently?

Post by narc0ticss »

Just checking out if there's anyone whom when to the beach rd tackle shop/net shops and got a current pricing for the rectangular/circle traps and bento with and without weighs on the sides.

I might head down soon but I wana get prepared and I hope this tread will help others too!

Cheers!

narc0ticss
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Re: Did anyone when to the net shop @ beach rd recently?

Post by narc0ticss »

Rectangular traps are @ 5bucks.
Bento with weighs are @ 3bucks.
They don't bring in bento w/o weighs anymore.
Circular traps are not available yet.

Ropes also can be bought @ 6 (a bundle) or 2 dollars (loose batches) (quite a lot trust me) I bought the loose batches, I felt that it's more then enuff. (Material is like NS issue the roll of nylon ropes)
You can also buy the lousy ropes @ mama shop for about 50cent-1dollar, it comes in different color, red, yellow, red etc. Also in bundles, ( 100percent lousy plastic material) but I've try tying that to the bento before (it works but u just got a gut feeling of it tearing up by itself if u make a small cut).

When there about 11am++ the shop sells lots of ropes you can't miss it if u walk throughout the whole stretch of tackle shops. They do not sell rods,reels etc, they are beside joe's tackle if I can remember properly lol.
Joe's tackle also sells the rectangular trap ( same pricing )

Hope this helps those that wana try out! It's pretty cheap as u can see. Less then 10bucks and u can start crabbing!!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Thanks for the update on the bento trap prices, it's a pity they don't come with the lead weights anymore, it can be useful when there is current and helps the trap to land on its base.

narc0ticss
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by narc0ticss »

Lead weight bento are available. Only those without the weights are not.