Flower and glass

Interest group for crabbers and prawners alike.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ThePractice
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Crabbing, Prawning, Cast Netting

Flower and glass

Post by ThePractice »

Flower Cr
Giant female flower was the highlight of the day, taking the spot for the best and the worst moments of the day. Word of advice, barnacles always call dibs. I spent forever scrubbing them off :(

Glass Cr
Scoured the net for a "prawn season" but I couldn't find any. These are the biggest I've had in a while so I'm going assume this is the season, please correct me if I'm wrong! And these are glass shrimp, correct?

Off topic, Any Crabbers living in the northeast?

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Re: Flower and glass

Post by Vidic »

Great catch ! Hope it is not too late :p . Thats a big flower there, did you manage to eat all of them ? :shocked:
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

The female crab is indeed big. :nod: I usually don't scrape off the the barnacles, as I don't cook it with its shell. It does bother me a little if the barnacles on the claws or underside. Great catch on the crabs and prawns. Certain species of prawns are seasonal but I'm not sure when they are either. They're very good size, like those in the market. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing you catch.

ThePractice
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Crabbing, Prawning, Cast Netting

Post by ThePractice »

@Vidic Yeap, cleared them all! I made congee with the crabs and har lok with the prawns, it fed me and my girlfriend for the day :D

@Peace If you don't cook them with the shell, won't the meat shrivel?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

It won't be too dried up if you don't overcook it, I usually steam it for 15mins and the meat is still rather juicy. The shell takes a lot of space, so unless it's just one or two crabs I would remove the shell.