Is it weird for a girl to fish?

For anglers who handles the fishing lines with bare hands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

AmberKeshire
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Prawning, crabbing and fishing :D im an amatuer so im still trying out all the new ways :D

Is it weird for a girl to fish?

Post by AmberKeshire »

Hello everyone !
I go fishing/crabbing with my friends every once in awhile but I recently got totally into fishing and crabbing
Me and my friend bought a couple crabbing nets (20, actually) and i even got 2 handlines and a fishing rod.

My girl friends were quite surprised and "eww-ed" about it as they couldnt stand the smell of the dead fishes and prawns and also dont dare to touch the baits.

me and my friends are all 19 but so far i have not found any other females into fishing and stuff so i usually go with the guys on their jetty trips.

SOOOOO... i wanna learn more about this sport and hope to make more friends thats into this hobby :D

cheers!!
(ps, my face book name is the same as my name here, amber keshire. if anyone wanna make friends and go fishing or crabbing together, PM me on face book ;D )

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Re: Is it weird for a girl to fish?

Post by sgpu »

nar. . . not weird at all,

our sister Dbs is an angler too. try searching her threads. it will be inspiring! :D

i believe there are many others.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Is it weird for a girl to fish?

Post by Peace »

Welcome to HLF, Amber. Yeah, not weird for a girl to fish but it's not surprising that many don't like it. You got to love the outdoors and have some level of fitness and patience. If you find dead baits icky, you can venture into artificial lure fishing. If you have any questions with regards to fishing or crabbing, just post them in their respective forums.

Good luck on your fishing and do share your catch with us if you can. :nod: