Share a Link

Discussion for varies types of offshore fishing including bottom, trolling, popping and jigging.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Share a Link

Post by sgpu »

若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Share a Link

Post by Peace »

Nice link, it does relate to drift fishing we commonly do in local chartering. I don't really like free spooling and hold when I do drift fishing because the spool might slip when I want to do a hard hook setting or there just isn't enough time to engage your drag . I'd rather wear out my bail arm or drag lever. Powered or controlled drifting is probably the best but can be very demanding on the skipper. The results can be very, very good,though not many boatman will do this.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

I thought it is very much in practice especially our changi boating. I think anglers need to understand how to fish while drifting.

Amusing it seems whenever i hear them mentioning they are getting nibbles, one of the many truth could be that they are dragging their sinker along the rocky sea bed.

It will be annoying to be fishing along such terrain, as the chance of snagging is a lot higher, but that's where the fishes would be. those rocks are home and nest of family members. . . has been for generations . . . :D
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Yes, those who are new to drifting will almost always not able to differentiate between fish biting and your jig/sinker bumping on rocky seabed. In drifting you always have to keep track of the changes in the depth and terrain of the seabed. Drop offs are especially exciting, that's when you usually see some action. But if you're not aware of the depth change, then you miss the opportunity to place your lure at the strike zone.