jungle treaking

Off Topic. Place for small talk, sharing a few laughs and organizing fishing trips. Topics will be selectively pruned.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: surf casting

jungle treaking

Post by fishingfats »

hey guys i was wondering this jungle places u go and treak can be fished right ? where are they ? haha anyone been to the stream near mandai ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: jungle treaking

Post by Peace »

I can't share with you the forested areas I've been to solely because of nature preservation reasons. It is however true that whereever there is fish, there will be anglers fishing there regardless of how illegal it might be though. As I've mentioned before in the other thread, those places are protected areas, Mandai included. There are several streams in Mandai that are good for fishing (especially fly fishing) but they are confined within military training ground like Lorong Asrama.

My advice is to stay away from illegal areas, it's not worth the trouble you might run into. :) I can feel for anglers who loves to fish in streams, especially the local flyfishoes. Fly fishing is not allowed in reservoirs and the natural streams are confined to protected areas. They're left to choose from fishing in illegal grounds, do saltwater or go across the border to fish.

I am not sure whether this particular spot is still legal or not but you might want to go and have a look at it. I did saw tomans in there. :arrow: Map

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by fishingfats »

hey peace :) wheres this molly stream ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

fishingfats wrote:hey peace :) wheres this molly stream ?
My apologies, I cannot disclose that location. I hope you understand. :)

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

FRESH WATER POND!!!!

Post by fishingfats »

HEYYYY !!!!!!!!! PEACEEEEE I FOUND THE MOLLY STREAM HAHA! haha dont worry my mouth is sealed shut :)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Re: FRESH WATER POND!!!!

Post by Peace »

fishingfats wrote:HEYYYY !!!!!!!!! PEACEEEEE I FOUND THE MOLLY STREAM HAHA! haha dont worry my mouth is sealed shut :)
Heh, good for you. I really appreciate if you keep it to yourself then. Thanks. :)

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by fishingfats »

hey peace !! hey haha i was wondering if u noe wheres this river which is called the New Zealand River at Lower Peirce Reservoir or the white houses down there to ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Not sure of both places you mentioned, 'New Zealand River' could be in the country club beside LSR so that's off limits. The 'white house' could be referring to the pump house at UPR? I'm just guessing here. :p

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by fishingfats »

hmmm okay thanks . but heres the link with some pictures maybe uve been there before :) http://teo-080413.blogspot.com/ im making a wild guess to that the place might be along thomson road just beside lower pierce

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Ah yes, I do know where it is, thanks for the pics. A birding friend of mine once showed me this place but I never really follow the drain down to explore it. This place is definitely illegal so I don't think it's right to discuss it openly, PUB might come asking questions and those people in the blog can get into trouble as well.

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by fishingfats »

hahah thanks :)