Care to give out ur fav fishing spots??

Off Topic. Place for small talk, sharing a few laughs and organizing fishing trips. Topics will be selectively pruned.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure fishing,surfishing and offshore fishiing

Re: Care to give out ur fav fishing spots??

Post by ageangel »

Is the area punggol opp coney island a good spot to do luring?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

I haven't been there in a while, Track 24 is supposedly close for construction works. Luring from seawall can be difficult due to the height but there are definitely fishes there, barramundi, barracudas and giant herrings are possible catches from there. You can talk to 'Tamban' on the recent updates, he frequents around that area. ;)

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:I haven't been there in a while, Track 24 is supposedly close for construction works. Luring from seawall can be difficult due to the height but there are definitely fishes there, barramundi, barracudas and giant herrings are possible catches from there. You can talk to 'Tamban' on the recent updates, he frequents around that area. ;)
yeah,he gonna bring me there one of these days..hahax,scared if lure not working,i can't fish..hahax,will not be bringing any baits..

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Is this part of the water fishinable??i mean can we fish here,always saw this water when otw to school and looks really good spot,saw a lrt there,so can go there..

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

I've not fished in this river before but I do believe the recently erected Punggol Dam has blocked the waterway to the sea, much like Marina Barrage(Reservoir). If that's the case, fishing is probably not allowed in the river anymore as it is subjected to PUB regulations.

Anyone who fished around this area can shed some light on the subject?

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:I've not fished in this river before but I do believe the recently erected Punggol Dam has blocked the waterway to the sea, much like Marina Barrage(Reservoir). If that's the case, fishing is probably not allowed in the river anymore as it is subjected to PUB regulations.

Anyone who fished around this area can shed some light on the subject?
It would be cool to fish there,quite good looking water there..lol..really want to know if there can fish..

teamilk
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: All types of fishing, Prawning

Post by teamilk »

can't believe i read 35 replies on this thread and only saw postings from peace and ageangel -_-" i tot got 3 pages, got alot of people say fishing spots.

anyway, for the nee soon longkang, one tackle shop owner tell me there quite good to fish. i think the targets are PBs. he also mentioned that it's supposedly legal to fish there? :shocked:

anyway, for punggol, the previous time i went there (few mths ago), seems like got construction. but i think must walk deeper into the jetty.

as for macritchie, tried there before, totally cmi. your lures very easy to sangko.
BUT, i caught an amazing catch there before. A LURE. LOL
my friend said that's better than any fish, or rather harder to catch than any fish. LOL

i have no fishing spots to give, cos i only go pay ponds, if not, offshore (if friends organise)