Care to give out ur fav fishing spots??

Off Topic. Place for small talk, sharing a few laughs and organizing fishing trips. Topics will be selectively pruned.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure fishing,surfishing and offshore fishiing

Care to give out ur fav fishing spots??

Post by ageangel »

This thread is for anglers who willing to share their fishing spots with the others.
I know the common fishing grounds both saltwater and freshwater,but still i see many pics of people fishing at area im not sure of some don't want to say the fishing spots in case many people go there,of course i understand since not many people CnR on particularly freshwater fish.

So if you guys willing to share just post a pic and description of the spot and we can go try out..ahahax,may we anglers triumpth..lol

I currently onto freshwater fish with luring especially going for toman.Don;t know exactly which spot produce more probabilty of getting one,tried kranji reservoir but the uncle there say the place too overfish and the toman all like went deeper into the reservoir they even said theres an arapaima there,really hard to believe that.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Care to give out ur fav fishing spots??

Post by Peace »

It's understandable that people don't want to share their spots openly to prevent 'over-abuse' on the spot resulting in poor catch for themselves. More often, it is because the spot is illegal and posting pictures or disclosing the spot can get them into trouble. Kranji reservoir is fished by baiters everyday but surprisingly, I still hear them landing big tomans week after week. Frankly speaking lurer fishing side by side with a baiter in such a reservoir scenario, a lurer will often lose the advantage. Plus baiters would have their lines laid across your luring path. :lol:

Arapaima in the reservoir is very possible and crocodile sightings are also often reported in the inner parts of the Kranji reservoir (where you enter from Neo tiew). I personally have not seen one though. :p

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:It's understandable that people don't want to share their spots openly to prevent 'over-abuse' on the spot resulting in poor catch for themselves. More often, it is because the spot is illegal and posting pictures or disclosing the spot can get them into trouble. Kranji reservoir is fished by baiters everyday but surprisingly, I still hear them landing big tomans week after week. Frankly speaking lurer fishing side by side with a baiter in such a reservoir scenario, a lurer will often lose the advantage. Plus baiters would have their lines laid across your luring path. :lol:

Arapaima in the reservoir is very possible and crocodile sightings are also often reported in the inner parts of the Kranji reservoir (where you enter from Neo tiew). I personally have not seen one though. :p
you may be rite..if its true there is arapaima there,its very thrilling since many poeple believe there is arapaima there cause they said sumone mange to hook it but nver land it.And for the the baiters,don't know what to say,checking which live bait want to use under the sign which stated only artificial baits allow,they got big peacock bass,toman lah..haiyah,like not fair like that.For crocodile,honestly i saw one,very the scary,not realy sure if it is a crocodile,was walking on the natur trail to the seawater part then too hot wanted to return to freshwater saw a bird diving into the water suddenly turn back and flew away then saw a big[and i mean big] fish/crocodile swam thru the water,i put my polerize sunglasses to be sure of it then it dissapears,whatever it was,it was big..hahax..

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

The baiters are actually quite safe, the PUB personnels often don't disturb them so long they don't fish out of the designated area. They will approach you if you fish outside that area even if you're using artificial lures, but they probably did so out of safety point of view. Spot checks hit the baiters every now and then but not often enough to change their ways. :lol: There are definitely crocodiles on the saltwater side too, they're often sighted and photographed by visitors to Sungei Buloh Nature Park.

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:The baiters are actually quite safe, the PUB personnels often don't disturb them so long they don't fish out of the designated area. They will approach you if you fish outside that area even if you're using artificial lures, but they probably did so out of safety point of view. Spot checks hit the baiters every now and then but not often enough to change their ways. :lol: There are definitely crocodiles on the saltwater side too, they're often sighted and photographed by visitors to Sungei Buloh Nature Park.
thats why i was very curious to see what is it a giant marine life of simply a crocodile,my cuzin almost want to go down there cause his lure tersangkot there but luckily the bird save him..hahax..
anyway,finding new area to fish other then kranji..tried LSR..pandan resevoir osdo try already but still going there again..lol

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

There's still Upper Seletar and Macritchie you haven't tried, though they're not the most productive spots of all. :p

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:There's still Upper Seletar and Macritchie you haven't tried, though they're not the most productive spots of all. :p
heard that thats why don want to try since it far from my house and now fasting month for me.went to macritchie b4 just sightseeing saw a komodo dragon swimming at the water not surprising cause saw one a near my house little guilin bukit batok and maybe a giant snake there cause the body is damn longer and like a snake..lol than a komodo dragon..
still locating spots prefably with giant snakehead cause i heard they pack quite a punch..

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It's a little tough hunting for huge toman in legal areas because too many peope fish there and if they do come close they would probably chose that live catfish over that hard plastic, I know I would... :lol: That's why many lurers took risk and fish at illegal areas, it is not something I would suggest that you do though. You may get better catches say deep in the reservoir or some secluded corner, but you may also not been seen or heard when you needed help. Safety first when it comes to fishing, I want to live long enough to tell those tall fishy tales. :lol:

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:It's a little tough hunting for huge toman in legal areas because too many peope fish there and if they do come close they would probably chose that live catfish over that hard plastic, I know I would... :lol: That's why many lurers took risk and fish at illegal areas, it is not something I would suggest that you do though. You may get better catches say deep in the reservoir or some secluded corner, but you may also not been seen or heard when you needed help. Safety first when it comes to fishing, I want to live long enough to tell those tall fishy tales. :lol:
hahax..yeah,even if sum1 told me to do that i won't,i saw people fishing at a spot which i don't know how he got there,saw he got many fish,but place look scary..hahax..tanx for your info alot anyway..peace!

edit:Owh yeah,have you heard about the lure called yamoto lure??the small fish lure??if you know,do you know how much does it cost?

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

hi ageangel, i'm planning a trip tmr. wanna tag along?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I'm not much into luring, never tried or even heard about this yamoto lure. :o Perhaps you can get more information from fishingkaki or fishingnewsroom, lots of people do luring there and you probably can catch a good deal on the classified section. :nod:

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

ilurbtambans wrote:hi ageangel, i'm planning a trip tmr. wanna tag along?
where??to where i mean like which part?
and to peace:yeah,waiting for an answer there too since i have an account there too..lol

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

err, maybe u wanna come to the chatroom?

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

ilurbtambans wrote:err, maybe u wanna come to the chatroom?
hahax,where do i exactly find the chatroom?..lol

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

it's under who's fishing on the home page :D