Guide to Ulu Pandan canal fishing =)

Off Topic. Place for small talk, sharing a few laughs and organizing fishing trips. Topics will be selectively pruned.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Guide to Ulu Pandan canal fishing =)

Post by gohyuheng »

First, I would say that i recommend against eating them. The waters there are QUITE polluted.So, what are the fishes you can find there?Well, There are many (one being the most common)
1)Nile tilapias
2)Jaguar Cilchild
3)Common walking catfish
The canal is large and there are many places and spots to try out.Also, there are Tomans and grass carps in that canal too.For the Nile tilapias, Jaguar Cilchild and common walking catfishes, bread is good bait. But bread will never ever beat those fat and tasty earthworms though :p My favourite spot would be at the very end of the canal, next to the road. The jaguar Cilchids there are plentiful and it is certainly fun to watch your float go bobbing up and down furiously.If you wait until night, you might see a Snakehead come up to the surface of the water.If you are aiming the catfish, wait till it turns dark and fish at any part of the canal with worms. Chances are quite high.
I will post picture after my next visit to the canal.
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Guide to Ulu Pandan canal fishing =)

Post by Peace »

Thanks for the informative tips, it must be a regular there. ;) Yea, we should avoid eating fishes from canals that are polluted, it's not worth risking your own health on it.

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Re: Guide to Ulu Pandan canal fishing =)

Post by gohyuheng »

yep. i either release the fish, keep the fish as a pet , or use it as bait
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~