2nd hand computer

Off Topic. Place for small talk, sharing a few laughs and organizing fishing trips. Topics will be selectively pruned.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

2nd hand computer

Post by BeachBum »

Can I ask where to find a 2nd hand computer that is not too old and not too new ? Man...I was in the electronics trade, now I'm clueless where to get what. or any websites ? What is the average speed of CPU these days ? I'm looking for an average system, probably can do without the harddisk, if I can swap it in.

I was wondering if a portable computer might be more suitable these days ?

also, I'm trying to start a business, urg... so many things outdated, register business must use ibanking or visa card. ibanking device like not working, and computer outdated.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: 2nd hand computer

Post by Peace »

How old is your current system, if it's too old transferring your old harddrive may need extra an adapter and possible become a bottleneck to your new system. What kind of a system you need will depend on what kind of work do on it and what applications you intend to run on it.

If you just want to run office applications, emails, web browsing and playing multimedia, a basic system will do and it shouldn't cost more than 1.2k for a new set including a monitor. Get a computer with intel i3 or i5 processor with at least 4GB ram and 1TB harddrive and it should last you at least 3 years of office use.

Something along the lines of this:
http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/ ... spiron-620&

If you want 2nd hand computers, you may want to look into hardwarezone classified. Shop carefully though. :)

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by BeachBum »

haha...This just reminds me I recently caused a dell computer's power supply to emit smoke, while trying to repair it. This type of computers can't buy and swap parts easily, only that company have it.

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by BeachBum »

Didn't want to start another thread. I've another question if anyone knows.

Where to find a second hand "plastic bag sealing device" ? Like when you buy some dried goods, plastic bag is sealed with a machine to prevent air getting in. It is also known as Impulse Sealing machine. I think I asked before a shop, and it cost about $80. anyone knows if second hand ones are available ?

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Check out cash converters ... if they don't then you might need to get a new one.

Let me know if you found one ... I also need one . :p

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

I don't think it's easy to find a second hand vacuum sealer, I would love to have one too though. :D Some links if you're interested to buy a new one.

http://www.jmldirect.com.sg/index.php/n ... ealer.html

http://www.tantraco.com.sg/index.cfm?GPID=51

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

Sadly, my PC dosent even have an I in it,even my laptop is faster.
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

limfish ... he is not looking for a 2nd hand com anymore, just re-using his old thread.
This just goes to show you don't read before dishing out a reply.
Further more ... there is no leads in your answer even if he was looking for a 2nd hand com ?
Don't post for the sake of posting ... hope you understand what I am trying to highlight to you.

FYI ... he is looking for a 2nd vacuum sealer !

* Sorry BeachBum, I had to used your thread to issued a yellow card ... :p