Stone

Off Topic. Place for small talk, sharing a few laughs and organizing fishing trips. Topics will be selectively pruned.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Stone

Post by BeachBum »

Just a very trivial question. If anyone knows about this stone ? I found it at a beach. It is quite light. It could be natural purmice stone which floats in, or it could be man-made, called Aerated concete. I've seen words on these stones sometimes ! but this stone has no words. Can aerated concrete be found readily in Singapore, like construction shop ? or any place to find a cheap source of purmice ? The closest to this is lavarock ? lava rock seems quite expensive.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Stone

Post by Peace »

The shape of the rock doesn't seem man-made. I know nothing about rocks but I do like flipping them over. :p Sorry, I can't help you out here. :o

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

You flip rocks to look for crabs ar ? I've found pistol shrimps. Occasionally some gobies.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Yeah, lots of surprises hiding under rocks on the intertidal area. Once I found a pair of pipefish under the rocks during low tide. <3

cooler
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Handline fishing,pole fishing,fly fishing and lure fishing.

Post by cooler »

Lol! I use to go to tide pools when I was young to find crabs! I called it crab hunting and I do it with my friends seeing who would get the biggest crab would win! :) Good times.
Got to catch'em all! :D