NS

Off Topic. Place for small talk, sharing a few laughs and organizing fishing trips. Topics will be selectively pruned.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

XtremeFisherman
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

NS

Post by XtremeFisherman »

Want to ask those who have served NS, If i were to enlist with a Higher nitec cert 100% that will kena Mono intake ? Or Tekong BMT ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: NS

Post by Peace »

I don't think Mindef differentiates between nitec and higher nitec when it comes to enlisting. Chances of getting enlisted as mono intake is high with nitec, it also has to do with the current demand for each vocation and unit. You also have chances of getting enlisted in SPF and SCDF.

For Army mono intake, you'll most likely be posted into a battalion, it can be infantry, armour, artillery, etc. Basically, you'll be the frontline soldiers dealing with combat. Mono intake means you're posted to the unit directly from day 1 and you are likely to stay with it until you they put in you in MR. Training can be tough due to the nature of the soldiers' role, lots of field and physical training. The good thing about mono intake is the whole company are better bonded because they enlist, ord, do reservist and MR together.

That said, I think it's possible to defer and go for diploma if you went directly to higher Nitec previously.

Best of luck to you!

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

Time past in a flash. Remember to move fast fast and shout loud loud. That was one advice a Sergeant gave me on the first day.

Hankers
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Fly Fishing

Post by Hankers »

This sounds awfully familiar, BeachBum. Who was the Sergeant?

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

...memory failing..Can't remember who. haha... It was somewhere in 1994 in Kranji camp, not very far back in time, but I can't remember anymore. haha..