Yes, you can help us. If you know anything about the fish species in our water that may be useful to the fishing community, do chip in. Together we can help our fellow anglers understand their target and catch.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Line Untangling
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 am
- Fishing interest: Saltwater Inshore, offshore, jetty, handnet
Landed a medium-sized specimen of this whipray yesterday afternoon. Can anyone confirm if this is Himantura uarnak? Or is it a small Leopard?
- ED883613-BC48-4A98-A32A-CA575372163B.jpeg (262.47 KiB) Viewed 28 times
Always something bigger out there
- Site Editor
- Posts: 3988
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
- Fishing interest: Handline fishing
- Location: Singapore
That's a nice catch. I think it's still a young ray, it will grow out of its roundish shape as it grows bigger and its pattern will be be more apparent whether its reticulated or honeycomb. I personally think it's a honeycomb whipray.