Have you fish here before ?

Off Topic. Place for small talk, sharing a few laughs and organizing fishing trips. Topics will be selectively pruned.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Have you fish here before ?

Post by dBs™ »

Hey guys ... thought will open one thread on fishing spots.
To share some fishing spots and or update places which can or cannot do fishing.
I guess it some good infos here for us all anglers ...

Do participate in this thread ... simply snap a pic of your fishing spot when you next go fishing.
It doesn't have to be taken with good cameras ... most hand phone can snap camera quality pictures nowadays.

And I do understand some kakis being reluctant to share fishing spot in the forums.
So it's really up to you to disclose your fishing spot.

Cheers.

Here Fishing Spot no. 1 : 6 Pipes

A nice place to do fishing.
Current looks pretty strong if you are fishing facing the open sea.
Surf fishing would be recommended.
For normal fishing ... can try the huge long kang leading out to sea ...

One of our kakis hook up a 10Kg+ KBL there once ... but that was many many years ago.
It was right in the huge long kang.

I have not fish there personally but will be trying it out.

There is a free parking car park area near the sailing club so it's a short walking distance to 6-pipes if you drive.

Any updates on this spot ?
What fishes to expect ?

Near the 6-pipes right behind the car park is a break water area ... very promising fishing spot.
However ... please do not fish there as it's illegal !
Please keep a safe environment for sailors, swimmer Scott and us. :lol:

fish-ng
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Just love fishing!

Re: Have you fish here before ?

Post by fish-ng »

Just fished at 6 pipes last week - both at the sea facing and the drain. (actually, it is illegal to fish at the drain as well).. ::x: There are "No Fishing" sign boards at the drain.

Also, the carpark is not free, beware of the aunties or storm troopers... :D

In summary, a great and fun place to bring kids fishing - I brought mine and they enjoyed the countless hook ups with the baitfishes and catfish on light tackle (at the drain leading to the sea). BTW, I fished 2 hrs before high tide and stopped 2 hrs after high tide.

Went to fish at the end facing the sea upon reaching with live prawns...caught nothing. Sangkot a few times. Cannot tahan the sun and heat, so moved on to the drain as there are trees/shelters and seemed much cooler. Chatted with other fishos and they did not register any bites as well. Maybe timing not right or my lucks down...lol.

So I moved to the drain and fished with light tackles (really light, ie, 4lb tackle) - caught mostly marine catfishes and glass fishes which were all C&R. But it is great fun on the light tackle and great for getting kids hooked on fishing. Sure catch.. :p Oh, bait used was beach worms (not the sarong).

Spoken to some of the uncles fishing there alongside the drain - they mentioned that they had caught kbl, barracuda, ack, chermin at the drain before..up to you to believe... :)

cheers.

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Hey fish-ng, thanks for sharing the infos.

I believe in you ... without a doubt. lol !

Didn't know the car park there was not free ! 0.o
Was there just yesterday and couldn't find any signage for parking rates ... so we assume it's free parking.
Will check it out again the next time we go there.

I was actually swimming with my dog, Scott at the other end where I took the pics.
Thanks for keeping us inform the long kang is also illegal fishing.

Great to know you take your kids to fishing ...
O .. yes it's the school holidays now.
Great way to bond with them.

Cheers and here's a root beer for you. :rootbeer:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

I never knew it was illegal to fish there, I was so tempted to try it but had always stick to the jetty. I would drop by to have a look, telling myself I want to try this place but never got to do it. :lol: It does look like a very nice place to fish, I can see lots of rocks at the mouth of the drain during low tide.

fish-ng
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Just love fishing!

Post by fish-ng »

dBs™ wrote:Hey fish-ng, thanks for sharing the infos.

I believe in you ... without a doubt. lol !

Didn't know the car park there was not free ! 0.o
Was there just yesterday and couldn't find any signage for parking rates ... so we assume it's free parking.
Will check it out again the next time we go there.

I was actually swimming with my dog, Scott at the other end where I took the pics.
Thanks for keeping us inform the long kang is also illegal fishing.

Great to know you take your kids to fishing ...
O .. yes it's the school holidays now.
Great way to bond with them.

Cheers and here's a root beer for you. :rootbeer:

Cheers - actually, what I meant was whether to believe what the uncle told me about the catches of kbl, ack, chermin, barracuda at the drain... :D

Yap - great way to bond with kids and learn about nature. BTW, the fishes caught were at most 5 - 10cm...lol.

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Alright ... good news ...the car park G is free parking ! :nod:
A short walking distance to 6-pipes.

Was there yesterday with Scott ...
Do take note if you are taking your doggy friend there for a walk or fishing .
Certain breeds require them to be muzzled.

Have fun fishing .. tight lines ! :yay:

mtan8
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing

Post by mtan8 »

This place brings back memory. Back in 1985 was the first time I visited the 6 pipes when I just got my motorbike licence. I recall during night time we could catch small live prawns in between the 6 pipes as their shinny red eyes gives them away. They were about 1.5 inches long very good size for catching sting rays. One occassion I dropped my motorbike key in between the 6 pipes and it was a disaster making my way home without the bike from that remote place and back again to retrieve it. There was also once with a few friends while we were lying on the grass patch beside the drain and counted around 5 shooting stars just within 1/2 hour. Too bad no girlfriend at that time. Went back to the 6 pipes 2 years ago and it seem not as good. With the 2 piers by the side of the 6 pipes the water seem to be much more shallow then before. Today I went to the drain outside Changi Safra Resort with live prawns but very poor response although it really looks like a good fishing spot. Looks like fishing in Singapore shore is really tough nowadays.

James_Nor
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Newbie

Post by James_Nor »

say untill so long.. i read read.. but i dont know where the place.. =x think i still a rookie fisher.. lol :shocked:

teamilk
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: All types of fishing, Prawning

Post by teamilk »

thats the end of ECP already right? (or isit the starting)...well i guess depending on which direction u are coming from. lol
is that place still a good place to fish? seems like its a good place to make out instead. its rather dark there..if u are talking about night fishing.

anyway, i remembered one place i tried fishing before.
its around the forested area very near mandai zoo.

me and my friend finished fishing at neu tiew crescent one night, and we still have about 6 milkfishes...so we didnt want to waste the bait, i asked if he wanted to go mandai reservoir and try. he agreed and so we set off. unfortunately we lost our way and i turned into mandai zoo area there -_-" just about 100m from mandai zoo, when i u-turned back we saw a couple of cars parked along the road. we thought there were couples making out there. i slowed down and we saw a group of them fishing! we immediately parked and took our rods and bait out and started to fish with them. we realised they were all using lures...but we were using live milkfishes. after casting and reeling for an hour or so...i felt a erratic strong pull on my rod...thought it was my milkfish swimming, but no! it was a bite! i tighten my line and i strike immediately and fought with the fish! while pulling and reeling, the fish jumped to the surface and splashed, which caught everyone's attention...until i was about to see what fish it was, it let go. -_-"
man........i was disappointed.......after that, there was no more bites. we left after another hour.
i didnt have a chance to take a photo of the place, cos it was pitch dark.

anyone been there before?? the lake seems to link to mandai zoo......
however, that place all grass and pitch dark at night. not really recommended if u are intending to bring your family there for a picnic.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

wahloa!!! down there got kimba lor very nughty.... they shake my hook of i DAMN ANGRY SIA!!!!!
i show you the uncles scary BUGGGER!
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by limfish »

big ??

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by limfish »

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x43 ... postupload

BIG!!!! the kim is a real rare so catch 1 only plz!! the rest realease.]

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Great catch on that KBL there, limfish. Who's that standing beside you?
teamilk wrote:anyone been there before?? the lake seems to link to mandai zoo......
That should be part of Upper Seletar Reservoir, did you park your car in a bus stop like slip road?

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by limfish »

yea its an uncle who caught it man..

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by limfish »

the break water is the nursery for fishes like ack,catfish,grouper and stingyray!! good for small game...
the pipes are for the experienced ... u need skill to hook to jumping kbl...