For enthusiasts using artificial lures.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: surf casting

rods and lures

Post by fishingfats »

hey ! does anyone know where i can get yo-zuri lures ? and any good pay pond rod to recommend ? i was thinking of buying the shimano whip lash rod is that good ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: rods and lures

Post by Peace »

I believe Yozuri lures are quite common in tackle shops. I know hot spot or joe's tackle have them, but just to be sure you should give them (or any tackle shop) a call to find out. As for pond, you it depends what sort of fishes interests you, be it fresh or saltwater. I'm not into Pond fishing so I can't comment much. Maybe you can try Pasir Ris pond for saltwater and there's the recently opened freshwater fishing pond at Khatib.

I don't know of any 'whiplash' rod model from Shimano but I've heard of Berkley's whiplash. However, that's a braided line. Do you have a link/picture/specs on that rod?

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by fishingfats »

oops im sorry its not whiplash its bantam bullwhip here is the link :)http://fish.shimano.com.sg/publish/cont ... lwhip.html

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I've not used this rod before, but from the specs it is a fast action rod for high sensitivity. The page also mention its ability to cast ultralight lures, this would be an advantage for luring or using flies on spin. It's best that you go down the tackle shop to have a feel of the rod, maybe you can check out Tan Thong Cheong since they're Shimano's main distributor.

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by fishingfats »

oh okay thanks :) btw how do i do the jerking action in lures ? such as minnows and pencil lures ? oh and how do i use lures that use vibration in the waters?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

The point of the 'jerking' the lure is to tease the fish, all you need is a flick of your wrist will do. The stroke should not big long, but rather short and fast. Many lures like minnows have a bead inside them, some you may even hear it when you're retrieving in water close to you. As you retrieve the lure, the bead will hit against the inner body as the lure waggles, sending out vibrations and sound. Vibration also generated from the body of the lure itself when you pull it against the water. Or are you referring another type of vibration?

fishingfats
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by fishingfats »

hey, i was wondering any shops that is the the west selling yo-zuri lures ? ive tried dash they dont sell. btw peace i think you the number for regal tang 3 is wrong .i called and was a women picked up saying it was a hdb for rent .

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Have you tried asking Regal Tang at Taman Jurong? I will check out Regal Tang 3 again, thanks for the info. I've passed by the shop 2 or 3 days ago an it wasn't open.

Allen
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Luring

Post by Allen »

Go to yishun sincere tackle shop. All the lures are cheaper than any other tackle shop :)
handlinefishing.com :rose: