Kranji Monster Catfish

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

jack1986bibi
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Kranji Monster Catfish

Post by jack1986bibi »

This Morning went fishing at Kranji Legal area and caught a Monster Catfish !!
See the size of this Fish and it was Caught by tamban hook !!! Was aiming for PB when I hooked this guy !!

OK haha Such a big fish cannot be possible be hook by tamban hook if you guy are wondering how hahah

Was Luring as usual when suddenly my rod feel very heavy, i thought sian liao so heavy confirm rubbish bag cos no fight , but hey when i reel it in i got this dead catfish......

Yah this Fish was already Dead by the time my tamban hooked foul hooked it !!! But nvm it was a great view for me as it goes to show there monster fish in Kranji reservoir, i place the fish at the edge of the stone for other people to view as i left at 9am

Well this is not thailand pond or whatever, this is singapore reservoir after all and it really a great size i think, look at the size of my sport shoe compare to this fish !!! And my shoe is very big de

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Kranji Monster Catfish

Post by Peace »

That's a big patin(?). :nod: I've fished at Kranji Reservoir in the past and I do see big fishes surfacing lazily from time to time, I believe they're this type of catfish you've hooked up. What a nice haul, but I wouldn't think of eating it without knowing how it died or how long it has been in the water.

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Whoa ... I got a shock when only looking at the pics ... lol !
Nevertheless ... it does give us some confidence that our waters be it fresh or salt ...
There are monster lurking around ...

Thanks for sharing with us this special catch. :)

jack1986bibi
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by jack1986bibi »

Erm it not really a catch haha, think the fish was dead for a long time and my hook just hooked it body floating about

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Can tell the fish was dead from it's colour and eyes.
But it still injected some excitement in us all ...
I didn't even know we have such beautiful fishes in our reservoir have you not shown us the pics.

Good luck, you'll never know ... someday you might just land yourself a live one ! :clover: