Anyone fish in Sentosa before?

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing

Post by desleyhan »

Visited the place on Sunday 11th Feb ... Didn't have my Rod with me .... Wonder if fishing is allowed in Sentosa and what kinda fish is common there.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Technically, fishing is not allowed on Sentosa Island. It is stated here in the faq on its website.

However, I still see anglers bringing rods in and fish without getting into trouble. I personally have close to no experience fishing there, but it seems like a really nice place to fish. The good water conditions and coral growth around the island makes it a conducive place for many kinds of fish to stay.

Probably the most noted by many anglers is the causeway linking the mainline and the Sentosa. Many of them not only risk getting caught but also risk falling into the waters by climbing onto the railings under the bridge to fish. I would advise people against fishing there solely for their own safety.

I've also seen people fishing on the banks facing the World Trade Centre. The water is pretty shallow and there's lots of sea weed and rocks. It would either require to enter the water to get into better depths or use of a surfcast set.
Image Image

As for the lagoons, I'm not sure if it is a good idea to fish there as most people go there for beach activities. You will be easily spotted fishing there during day time. :mischieve: The rangers probably won't give anglers much trouble if you stay out of visitors way or don't compromise their safety. Also, stay away from the Sentosa Cove area as the security guard may get a little edgy with people trespassing into that area. :lol:

Some pics near the lagoon:
Image Image

If you were to fish there, common fishes you can expect to catch there include variety groupers, snappers and tuskfish.

zufeeqhar
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Lure fishing , offshore fishing

Re: Anyone fish in Sentosa before?

Post by zufeeqhar »

i fished at sentosa there are alot of emperors,catfish too i fished at the lagoon where people bath but of course i go at night
Usually its not where you fish but how you fish .

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

how...nvm
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

teamilk
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: All types of fishing, Prawning

Post by teamilk »

wah a post from 2007 dug out.

i heard that if kena caught fishing, fine is $1k or $2k
i heard lah. not sure if it's true.

Manmok Sangkut
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf fishing

Post by Manmok Sangkut »

Fish there before, common fishes are Grouper, Giant Treavally, Painted Sweetlips, tuskfish. Mostly the coral fishes.
* M@Nm0k $@nGkUt *

catfish
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: surf fishing and lure fishing always practice catch and release

Post by catfish »

fished there before got a bunch of leatherjackets and hornets kept stealing my bait! :rant: in case if u dunno what a hornet is its a huge carnivorous bee. lots of sand whitings too :nod:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

lol at the hornets, I know exactly what you mean. You think they would be satisfied with one piece of prawn meat but they just keep coming back, and with their friends! :mad:

catfish
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: surf fishing and lure fishing always practice catch and release

Post by catfish »

yup i totally agree with u Peace, when u try to shoo them away, theyll try to sting u! those irritating insects... :rant: i believe that is the exact same species that stole my prawn :mischieve:

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

its same speicies about to face baygon!!!!!*sprays nearby fly*
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Hey ... why dig up this old videos ... looking at it again makes me laugh.
Wonder why I took that clip ...

If you notice ... the greedy bee took few big bites before taking off with a big chunk of my bait ! :lol:

noobANGLER
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure fishing and handline fishing and squid fishing

Post by noobANGLER »

dBs™ wrote:Hey ... why dig up this old videos ... looking at it again makes me laugh.
Wonder why I took that clip ...

If you notice ... the greedy bee took few big bites before taking off with a big chunk of my bait ! :lol:

Be careful while u r taking any clips of insects bitiing ur baits!Some of them r poisonous!

And after i watched the clip i must be more careful with my baits before they took some away!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

These hornets tend to be very engrossed with the food once they land on it. They typically don't attack people if you don't provoke them, it can be quite scary when they hover around you though. Just by listening to the clip, you know they can inflict some nasty bites! :sweatdrop: