rapala x-rap

For enthusiasts using artificial lures.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

rapala x-rap

Post by fishingboy »

hi guy , i just bought a rapala x-rap , can i use that for peackcockbass ? And sorry for the noob question :)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: rapala x-rap

Post by Peace »

Surely it can. Peacock bass will hit all types of lures subjected to how you work them, some are just more effective than others. :p

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

I've one for a while , only caught one fish with it. Don't think I'll get another one, as there are many other lures to try. Anybody got good catch with it ? Does it rattle ? I've forgotten.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

this x-rap, has very nice wobbling action. the darting is very attractuve at least to me. what is the size you bought?
did you work it in its injured, sick, handicap manner? or did you work it in its most vigorous way?
either way it sure works on your wallet, buying more of it even when you have not land a fish yet. (take me for example) LOL
you bought your favourite lure.
now its how you work it to your target's favourite way.

creatures have brains too.
ocar whales hunt all their way to the shore for prey.
why do tiger exposed themselves to their prey?
while leopard chooses to ambush, observe their prey from distance.
these are techniques they developed after they were deprived of their food source.
likewise for fishes, they know your lure is swimming too fast and don't stop in its track, they might be famish, why do they want to chase after a lure while they can wait, ambush and conserve more energy? what i can imagine.
but when you are in luck, they might be agitated and chooses to display their hunting techniques and speed might.

if you cast this lure in a fish's track, PB sure whack one. my view is that PB 'sot sot' one they hit almost anything. my fish PB was on a chrome fish hook, that hook was bigger than my door key.

if you check enough of those lures effectively hitting a fish videos, they are mostly PB.

fishing, another most important factor. Patience. don't leave home without it, come home without fish. if this worst case happens every time, and it frustrate you. quit it. cause it is torturing you. fly a kite instead? one of my friend heed my advise, quit and went fly kite. he knows his wife at the ground, married after a year of pak tor.

x-rap, the minute i took a likin for it. i bought another 2 more as key chains. hee hee . . .
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???