Greedy grouper

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Greedy grouper

Post by gohyuheng »

You know on that Chia Soon Kelong trip, We caught many groupers, and other fishes, so we just threw it into that net and put it into the water to live right? well most of the large groupers actually ATE other fishes that were in the net, as their stomachs were all very fat, and one actually threw up the fish in its stomach. :fish: we believed the fish it ate were the ones i caught, erm i forgot what it was but it looked like a mackeral or something like that >< small one lar. But when my mother 'prepared the large grouper, we found it it actually ate an ANG CHOR KEE! it was as large as my hand! surprise surprise :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Greedy grouper

Post by Peace »

If I am not wrong, those groupers might have been farm escapees? Bred groupers are pretty used to captivity and feeds readily in what's in the net despite having been hooked by you guys. Groupers are greedy by nature anyway, and they probably thought if they have to die, it's better to die with a full stomach. :lol:

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

yeah its the farm bred groupers :p
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Oh ... so one of the grouper ate the ang zhor kee ! hahaha

Yes. I guess those biggie we caught are escapee from the area.
And this is the only time I have personally witness a grouper in captivity still has appetite for food. :lol:
Pretty interesting and I think Peace is right that they don't feel being caught since they live in net environment.

POOH
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Pond Fishing, Prawning.

Post by POOH »

Wah many groupers :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: