Today's catch

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Today's catch

Post by BeachBum »

Today I go fishing with my dad. Prawn catch by him and the smaller kim. We were there at first light, start with a walk a dog style DIY lure which I've just done up recently. It didn't work today. Cast left right center, no fish bite. It was 9 or 10am, the water has started rising. I rotated to a black lure with gold star dust, which was from few years ago, I seldom use it. Fishes like mullets seems more active now. The sun is nice and warm. although it looked like it might rain. As the weather pattern these few days is early morning thunderstorms. So I was just casting and buzzing it around, and a kim took it in shallow water.Two jumps and it was up in maybe 15 seconds.

btw, recently,I was playing with Luhr Jensen Krocodile spoon.I like this spoon with Pbs. I seldom catch anything with spoons, but this one seems to be ok.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Re: Today's catch

Post by sgpu »

:drool: nice prawns . . . .

great spot . . .

allow me to share my experience about spoon. personally i think, its about the right cranking speed with spoon. so long if you have faith in it. . . with :thumbsup: good amount of patience, its only a matter of time.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

That's quite a haul, was your dad using cast net for the prawns and kbl? Great work on getting a kbl on lure, I've yet to land one yet myself. :o I used to hate spoons because they cause a lot of line twist, but after using quality swivels the problem go away. Still I don't recall getting anything on spoons either.

SGPU, so what's a good speed to retrieve a spoon, say if I am to lure for a queenie?

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

yes, by castnet.

Leng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure Fishing, Prawning, Inshore Fishing

Post by Leng »

Nice Catch!

Didn't expect this amount of prawns inshore. :thumbsup:

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

Peace wrote:SGPU, so what's a good speed to retrieve a spoon, say if I am to lure for a queenie?
my personal opinion is, non of our cranking speed is ever faster than a trevally.

my speed range
1) dead slow
2) slow
3) regular
4) fast
5) joint breaking speed

usually i apply only either 3 or 4. =)
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Ah I see. I had experiences when a queenie followed my jig back, I was wondering if I should have cranked faster.

p/s: sorry for the off-topic, BeachBum. :)