Fishing Spots

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

lamerzia
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Fly fishing, Lure fishing, Crabbing, Surf fishing, Handlining

Fishing Spots

Post by lamerzia »

Any good fishing spots in the west ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Fishing Spots

Post by Peace »

Good is subjected to how well you know the place and how good you are at fishing isn't it? For west spots it's West Coast and Labrador Park.

Mr.LURE
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure fishing,handline fishing

Post by Mr.LURE »

for west coast,my fren told me tat theres nothing much to catch,a rather lousy spot IMO....

lamerzia
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by lamerzia »

Peace wrote:Good is subjected to how well you know the place and how good you are at fishing isn't it? For west spots it's West Coast and Labrador Park.
Like the catch rate or something and the place

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Crabbing,Inshore,Jetty and Pond Fishing...

Post by Newguy »

I have been fishing @ West Coast Beach and the rate catch rate they are quite good compared to Labrador Park which i always comeback empty handed...

Fish u can get @ West Coast Beach: KBL,Sand Whiting,Usual Catfishes,Grouper,Parrotfish And sometimes Travelly depend on the tides and how far u cast out...
Sorry to confuse u coz I'm still new to this sport...

lamerzia
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by lamerzia »

Newguy wrote:I have been fishing @ West Coast Beach and the rate catch rate they are quite good compared to Labrador Park which i always comeback empty handed...

Fish u can get @ West Coast Beach: KBL,Sand Whiting,Usual Catfishes,Grouper,Parrotfish And sometimes Travelly depend on the tides and how far u cast out...
I pm u :)

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Newguy »

Ok lamerzia any good cacth do cr us....

Will be waiting for ure cr @ Catch Report....

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Newguy »

Guys any good spot around tuas area...

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Newguy »

Guy been to West Coast last sat and i caught abt 4 juvenile spanish flag and a catfish...

The best part was i was fishing during the low tide and make a move during in current of the high tide.. During our packing up time a group of lurer came to our spot to lure for biggies but was dishearted coz they kept throwing theirs lure but came to no sign of biggies so i told them there is actually a biggies there if they are patience enough they will get it... Show 1 of the fellow the trick and thread of the spot for biggies and 30 mins later *BOOM* a biggie came sorry i wasn't able to show any pic or video coz no hp during that moment..

Back to the story.. The biggie was caught by 1 of the lady lurer and she played for abt 5 to 10 min came to shore the fish and *WOW* and *CLAP* was heard around her as she landed a half arm length about 2kg to 2.5kg of KBL...And i told myself success there is a biggie here.. So they took photo of the fish and i came to ask them if they wanted the fish but before i could ask they actually quickly release the fish back to the sea.. And i go Damm what a waste...

It make me wonder to all the CNR group of people....For rare fishes it will difinitely make a big diff to fish population but for common and places of mate for a fish does 1 biggie do make a diff to fish population..Why cant he/she just turn around and ask would u want this fish as ure the 1 who give us tip..

The best part was when i told him the trick and thread of the spot and told him that the biggest ever caught there was 5kg.. He ask me back was i the 1 who caught that 5kg biggie and when i told him nope i only heard story he just shourd off by saying that was small for him and when he's friend caught that biggie he didnt even have the courage to look at me and say "Hey thanks for the tip we got a pic of the biggie for show" and the best was he was like in shocked that what i say earlier was actually true..

Sorry juz i got no pic and video to show the proof but for me,my wifey and my sis who has been fishing there several times with no biggies that was the day that it proof to us that there is a biggie at that spot..And we will be coming back to hunt that KBL just to blurp up our hunger for KBL biggies at that spot then we move on to other spots...

(Still Hunting For KBL)

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing and occasionally sea fishing
ask me anything about freshwater fishing and i will try to answer them :D

Post by patrick2405 »

Newguy wrote:Guy been to West Coast last sat and i caught abt 4 juvenile spanish flag and a catfish...

The best part was i was fishing during the low tide and make a move during in current of the high tide.. During our packing up time a group of lurer came to our spot to lure for biggies but was dishearted coz they kept throwing theirs lure but came to no sign of biggies so i told them there is actually a biggies there if they are patience enough they will get it... Show 1 of the fellow the trick and thread of the spot for biggies and 30 mins later *BOOM* a biggie came sorry i wasn't able to show any pic or video coz no hp during that moment..

Back to the story.. The biggie was caught by 1 of the lady lurer and she played for abt 5 to 10 min came to shore the fish and *WOW* and *CLAP* was heard around her as she landed a half arm length about 2kg to 2.5kg of KBL...And i told myself success there is a biggie here.. So they took photo of the fish and i came to ask them if they wanted the fish but before i could ask they actually quickly release the fish back to the sea.. And i go Damm what a waste...

It make me wonder to all the CNR group of people....For rare fishes it will difinitely make a big diff to fish population but for common and places of mate for a fish does 1 biggie do make a diff to fish population..Why cant he/she just turn around and ask would u want this fish as ure the 1 who give us tip..

The best part was when i told him the trick and thread of the spot and told him that the biggest ever caught there was 5kg.. He ask me back was i the 1 who caught that 5kg biggie and when i told him nope i only heard story he just shourd off by saying that was small for him and when he's friend caught that biggie he didnt even have the courage to look at me and say "Hey thanks for the tip we got a pic of the biggie for show" and the best was he was like in shocked that what i say earlier was actually true..

Sorry juz i got no pic and video to show the proof but for me,my wifey and my sis who has been fishing there several times with no biggies that was the day that it proof to us that there is a biggie at that spot..And we will be coming back to hunt that KBL just to blurp up our hunger for KBL biggies at that spot then we move on to other spots...

(Still Hunting For KBL)
hmm if luring were to get results, den you should try too! follow the type and colour of lure, how they work it etc.... yupp i know CNR is a good thing and you just wanted the fish but lets say if there were only two of them in there, and one was brought back, how would they reproduce?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

The lady did caught the fish so it's only fair that she decides the fate of it, besides we shouldn't be expecting for any returns for helping people. :nod: Anglers who catch and release have their own principles and reasons, if you look from their viewpoint it might be easier to understand especially on those who purely catch and release. But if the angler was rude or acting snobbish, that's totally different matter.

It's good on your part to share tips with other anglers.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

Peace wrote:Good is subjected to how well you know the place and how good you are at fishing isn't it? For west spots it's West Coast and Labrador Park.
i think your backside itchy. :lol:
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Post by Tere »

If Labrador Park got no fish. Peace will be out of fishes to eat. :p

feelalive
Lucky Newbie