Tackle for Pond Fishing

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Re: Tackle for Pond Fishing

Post by Burpp »

patrick2405 wrote:
Burpp wrote:I think i will short list the Elf and Nasci. Now, should i go for the C3000 or the 4000? C3000 with a drag of 4kg, 4000 with a drag of 6kg. Which should i get?
if you intend to use offshore after the trip, get 4000. but if using in freshwater or ponds 3000 is enough unless you kiasu cos should be same price
Haha! I was thinking 4000 will be good, i can use in local pond as well as offshore, ok abit kiasu singaporean mentality! lol!
Anyway where you guy's normally fish? I am still very new to fishing that's why ask alot of newbies question!

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing and occasionally sea fishing
ask me anything about freshwater fishing and i will try to answer them :D

Post by patrick2405 »

Burpp wrote:
patrick2405 wrote:
Burpp wrote:I think i will short list the Elf and Nasci. Now, should i go for the C3000 or the 4000? C3000 with a drag of 4kg, 4000 with a drag of 6kg. Which should i get?
if you intend to use offshore after the trip, get 4000. but if using in freshwater or ponds 3000 is enough unless you kiasu cos should be same price
Haha! I was thinking 4000 will be good, i can use in local pond as well as offshore, ok abit kiasu singaporean mentality! lol!
Anyway where you guy's normally fish? I am still very new to fishing that's why ask alot of newbies question!
its okay hahas everybody is here to learn :nod: peace goes freshwater luring alone, offshore and some of his secret saltwater spots :whistle: while for me.... not much budget so only freshwater for the moment and maybe only once or twice offshore per year? :(

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

As patrick suggested, if you're leaning towards pond you might want to get c3000 for the lighter weight benefit. If you're more into offshore, the little extra line retrieval rate and torque from 4000 will be most useful. You can get away with 4kg drag for either use, assuming you're not hooking onto something extraordinary big. :p

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

icic, thanks for the advice. So do you guy's actually meet up for fishing trip?

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

Btw, what line you guy's using? I thinking of changing to Berkley Braided line, currently i am using Mono line.

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by patrick2405 »

Peace wrote:
As patrick suggested, if you're leaning towards pond you might want to get c3000 for the lighter weight benefit. If you're more into offshore, the little extra line retrieval rate and torque from 4000 will be most useful. You can get away with 4kg drag for either use, assuming you're not hooking onto something extraordinary big. :p
unless you super lucky.... (or unlucky) like my uncle :eyebrow:

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by patrick2405 »

Burpp wrote:icic, thanks for the advice. So do you guy's actually meet up for fishing trip?
so far not yet :lol:
Burpp wrote:Btw, what line you guy's using? I thinking of changing to Berkley Braided line, currently i am using Mono line.
braided is stronger and lets you load more into your reel... but mono is slightly elastic so it absorbs some shock from the fish

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I've used Berkley whiplash before I find it pretty good and it has low line diameter which lets you load plenty of line. I'm also interested to try out PowerPro Super 8 Slick which is 8 plaited, making the line more smooth. Other popular lines you might want to try out are Fireline or Spiderwire.

@patrick: That's a nice fat grouper. ;)

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by patrick2405 »

here's my 4000 elf and C3000 nasci

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

Just got my Salty Chief + Elf c3000 loaded with Powerpro 30lbs line!

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

Alamak! They give me wrong wrong! 6feet6 6-12lbs! Instead of 10-20lbs.

6-12lbs and 10-20lbs used for local pond got any difference?

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

not really, it all depends on how u fight the fish and salty chief is kinda stiff so u shouldnt have any problems with local pond fishes

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

ilurbtambans wrote:not really, it all depends on how u fight the fish and salty chief is kinda stiff so u shouldnt have any problems with local pond fishes
Local offshore 6-12lbs can take it?
I was thinking 10-20lbs so that i can use it for local offshore as well. Hmm Should i go back changi and change to 10-20lbs or just stick with my 6-12lbs. lol

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It's fine on pond but you'll find it a little too light on offshore. 10-20lbs Salty grants you the use of heavier sinker, that's a big plus on offshore.