Haruan hunt!

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Haruan hunt!

Post by Peace »

You're doing great, learning more and more about the fish you're hunting for. It's always good to try different methods and baits to see for yourself how effective they are rather than just simply agreeing with what other anglers uses. That's how one angler eventually outfishes another. :shh:

Haruans do learn, they do take bread but they won't go for it again after tasting it. They grab at first suspecting that it could be a meal but they won't go for it anymore after a try or two. I've tested feeding haruans in artificial ponds and in the wild, they do take it on first encounter. :lol:

Very nice catch and thanks for sharing it with us again.

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Prawning
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

hahhas thks ! 1 more to share a mama haruan that i caught but didnt got my phone with me had a friend toook the photo here it is! landed on a rapala clackin minnow!
est 1.6-1.9 kg?
super nice fighter too!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

That's a good size, I would think all the Haruans in that pond would know you by the end of the year. :lol:

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

i sure do not wan them to do so!!! hahahhas next time cant catch if they regconise me

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

arh this is not a haruan catch but still imma make this thread my CR thread!
Went to fishing paradise today to lure.tried various finally got a hit on a white rabbit lure but hook came loose didnt noe what fish juz kept peeeling line even on max drag oh well~
lure for another 2 hours no take went to use the bomb rig with the help of a very friendly staff finally landed 1 patin!!
large area to fish in !
here it is!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

The hook on biggie must have been a pretty exciting run, too bad you don't get to see it. I guess the one who eventually gets hooked is you! :lol:

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

GUESS WHAT I am Hooked! went again to FP BUT THIS TIME bomb rig only ~ went to FP in the timing where fishes starts to bite . Went there set up and the staff there helped me on my first bomb rig .Cast~~~~
Alright put at the rod stand set the drag and wait...After like 5 mins my rod tip was like twich twich~ then straight short burst of line zzzzzz. Went to set the hook and reel back ehhh light lei..... no fight it turned out to be a small barb then is released quickly while i set my next bomb rig . Waited for 10 mins? some action on the rod tip already hmmmmm wait for it wait for it... ZZZZZZZZ the rod bend woohoo big one big one i set and started pumping , it was rather heavy thou this one but only little run not much of a fight.after like 4 mins of pumping the head of the fish surfaced .WOW damn its a big walking cat uhhh ~~
heres the pic
heehe check out the length!
hahahs nice catch ! released.....
set the second one after not long same zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
set the hook but this time wow its a good fighter probably a patin now pump and pump wooo it is a patin a decent size guy too!
released!
hahahas then the sky decided to break open and rain ... HEAVILY hmm rain profusely and hiazzzz not much of any action. AFter it quieten down casted my next bomb rig wait for like 20 mins then a nice take bend and line peeling set the hook and continously pull ..hmm whats this feels different lei anyway pulled it up and turned out to be a decent size rohu! my FIRST ROHU!!!
anyway after that rohu everything was quiet waited for quite long till the next fish which is landed by my friend (Now HIS HOOKED TOO)
BUT ANYWAY i Posed with it it was bigger then mine but hey? i netted it!
anyways nice catches to me FP is a good pond . BIG Spaced no crossing of lines nice environment , definitely cleaner then FW3 , staff is good too, but the baits must be set normally the baits they sell would work but in fw3 aiya any bait they also dun care~ ahhahas anyway CHEERS and watch out for my next CR IT WOULD NOT be long! :) :)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Ooh that's a big fat walking catfish, this must certainly be a good day for you. Now the poison is seeping in deep. :lol: Play hard and work hard ya. ;)

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

back again !!! went FP in the holidays . Morning session hehehe feeding frenzy arhh!! .Anyways made my very own kng with couple of different ingredients hehe with a couple of pieces of bread to use to mould on the hook. Alright lets let the pic do the talking. Went and had many takes on my kng but as usual everythiing went silent pretty much after the feeding frenzy heh my friend got poisoned thou he got many takes but not really able to land since alot went to the structures but neverthelesss landed one walking cat! but anway lost a probably siamese carp but at the netting time the hook came loose....
hiaz
anyway set up rods casted my kng . Twich twitch rod tip went down then reel went screaming wooohooo set the hook and a good decent size patin!
heads infront!
hehe anyway had more takes but hook wasnt set properly hiaz but the next fish is a decent rohu!
anyway after the feeding frenzy rained heavily but in the rain i landed one decent patin!!!
look at how wet am i but still happy landed one after feeding frenzy!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Looks like you and your friend will be camping at FP this holiday. :lol: Your catch is getting better, I can see why you're willing to get soak in the rain to fish. Don't do that in a heavy storm though! Good work on trying out your own kng recipe, looking at your catch you may have knead up some good stuff there. Great catches and story, thanks for sharing it with us once again. Is there a picture of your friend with his catfish?

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

as a matter of fact yes i do have a pic its not as biig as mine but did put up a fight decent enough to poison my friend!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Ah, so there's your friend! Thanks for the picture. :cool:

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

hi guys back again with CR from Fishing Paradise!
ahhh after exams went for a short 3 hours session!! cast out bomb rig and whoooaaa the take are exhilarting nver get tired from that got abot 5 from this session
arh the baitrunner really is fun ^^
here another catch too bad most pic of this session is in my uncle's phone ~.~

The 2nd session was rlly good having alot of takes on the kng and bomb rig with addition of my very own recipe ^^
let the pics do the talking !
heres a biggie
happy happy me!
camping right beside the stilts~

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

oh ya here is some of the takes on the bomb rig during the 2nd session!

2nd take the fish are fighting for the last piece of bread!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Nice video, too bad it ended when it just got exciting! :p Good job on your landing those cats. :nod: