Labrador park

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

GTonSteriods
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure fish,Handline,inshore

Re: Labrador park

Post by GTonSteriods »

Just came back, zero fighter . Snagged my squid jigs and two sinkers , worse was that my drag went missing , didn't see anyone landing fish, saw one fish jumping out , and some school of tambans ? Or Glass Perchlets ? Any tips on egimg at the jetty ? And how to get a replacement for my drag as idk where it went

Commando_YR_Chin
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Jetty Fishing, Lure Fishing, Squid Fishing, Crabbing, Offshore Fishing.

Post by Commando_YR_Chin »

ok thanks for tip! mb bcause today day time tide not good so not much fish... plus hot weather?
most likely going tmw night... tide does'nt look good but will try my luck... :)
(p.s: try not to let egi sink too close to bottom... for me i add shot put closer to egi, so current wont snatch it into weeds... also u can try replacing drag at some tackle shops, can refer to HLF's tackle directory...)
Fishing is #AWESOME!!! :thumbsup: :D :fish: :fish2:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Trick to eging at the jetty is to know where the hot spots for snagging are, you don't avoid those areas but you should be more careful and drop your jig a little further ahead of the current and slowly work closer to it. Watch out for ink marks on the floor, it's a tell tale signs of some common squid hole. ;)

Commando_YR_Chin
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Jetty Fishing, Lure Fishing, Squid Fishing, Crabbing, Offshore Fishing.

went there recently... tried for 5 days but no big fish :cry: ... prob cause of cold water temp...not much sotong, but there is... accidentally broke my jigging rod :cry: ...but caught 3 flower crabs and 1 rock crab :) ! Delicious with noodles! :thumbsup:

GTonSteriods
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by GTonSteriods »

Going this sat ,hope that it dosen't rain , but i think there a lot of baitstealers though ,cuz even if u secured ur bait , it will be gone once u retrieve back

GTonSteriods
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by GTonSteriods »

Zero fighter again , just to say that there are Police Cameras installed , my friend also managed to get a sand whiting

Commando_YR_Chin
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

nice... yeah there are police cams there, and more regular PSCG patrols there... patrol boats hiding offshore in the darkness at night to see if got anybody trying to do illegal stuff in the area..

GTonSteriods
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by GTonSteriods »

Guys , anyone went there recently ? May I know where is the nearest water cooler and toliet ? And are there any vending machine nearby ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

The big shelter beside the ramp/Carpark C is the nearest. It has both toilet and vending machine, not too sure about the water cooler though but according to the map, there is.

Commando_YR_Chin
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

someone caught a gt 3kg during daytime at jetty according to my uncle, about 2 3 weeks ago, near carpark c. i went there on tues for sotong at jetty , got a few sotong using lamp and net.

GTonSteriods
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by GTonSteriods »

Carpark C is the promenade , you might need a long rod as it kinda snaggy there during low tide , I have seen people catch halfbeaks there

Commando_YR_Chin
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

ok thanks! :)