Low Tide at Labrador Park

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Low Tide at Labrador Park

Post by Peace »

Just to share some pics from a visit to Labrador Nature reserve some time back before construction works take place.

Some of the corals/live rocks that can be seen there:

A small flower crab with weeds growing on its carapace

Some sort of crab harvesting weeds

A goby

Incoming tide

Sea grass

Always remember to check out the tide table first before heading down. You'll be able to see more corals when the water is lower, ie. during spring tides. Also note that you may be able to see different marine activities at different times of the tide, ie. receding tide or the start of rising tide. :)

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

interesting pics and write up. shall pop by and try shooting.
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

The conditions are definitely better before the dredging work started. I believe they are laying submarine cables to Bukom and the path barely cuts into the nature reserve. A lot of the reefs have been shifted from the border to closer to the jetty side in order to save them. They also constructed a barrier to reduce the amount of silt from dredging spreading onto the reefs.

Despite all the measures, I think the reef will still suffer major damages from the dredging activities. :(

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

so now actually not advisable to go le ahh ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Sure, you can still go there. Just be careful not to cross over the barrier. The condition there is just not as good as before. There's still stuff to see. :)

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

okok ..then i gotta popby and see if got any good macro subjects..hehe :cool:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Do check out other parts of the park as well. You can get a very nice view of the jetty and the horizon from the viewing deck up at the hill. You can catch the sunset from up there as well.

Sometimes, there are cicadas gathering up at the tree near the entrance of the jetty. You can feel the 'shower' of cicada 'pee' when you walk pass under it. Don't worry, the shower is very clean water. :)

You can also check out the dragon teeth gate at the opposite end from the jetty near a red beacon. You can see Sentosa Island from there.

A pic from the viewing deck

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Peace wrote:Do check out other parts of the park as well. You can get a very nice view of the jetty and the horizon from the viewing deck up at the hill. You can catch the sunset from up there as well.

Sometimes, there are cicadas gathering up at the tree near the entrance of the jetty. You can feel the 'shower' of cicada 'pee' when you walk pass under it. Don't worry, the shower is very clean water. :)

You can also check out the dragon teeth gate at the opposite end from the jetty near a red beacon. You can see Sentosa Island from there.

A pic from the viewing deck
thanx for the info .nice pic as well .looks like u using star filters hehe

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Nah, no filters. Just long exposure on a tripod. I did a search on star filter and it looks pretty interesting. Got quite a few different types of stars too. :shocked:

Kaix
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kaix »

nice pixs...great shooting :)

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

Last time when i was a kid my dad always bring mi to labourdor park to fish. it was like a bedok jetty with lesser people but now when i go there i onli manage a small milkfish after 8 hours of fishing. think its because of the construction work going on now
An Ordinary BoY FiSHiNG ALL RoUnD SiNGaPORe

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Yes, the construction works at Labrador Park certainly has an impact on the fishing there now. I like to fish there because it has really nice view and a nature feel to it. :)