Toman or wat?CR

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

johnny110673
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Toman or wat?CR

Post by johnny110673 »

[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]http://i ... .jpg[/img][/url]

I dunno if u guys into freshwater fishing but landed this monster last month near mandai. Was actually aiming for a medium sized (around1.5-2Kg) but landed this 5.5Kg monster. We reached there around 10pm coz the adults usually come towards the shore to feed around 11.30pm onwards but was really strange coz our catfish keep getting wack by the smaller ones :fish: .End up some come back with half the body gone...even when we let go line after the strike.

Could be due to overfishing coz there were some boys landing the smaller ones but did not realease a single one.SMALL TOMAN BO HOR CHIA OK :thumbsdown: TOO MANY BONES AND FLESH IS CHAPPY-SO RELEASE THE POOR BUGGERS, SO GOT BETTER GAME FOR FUTURE :nod:

Then around 4.30am, I was beginning to doze of when the rod kenna bend like got whale and started to scream :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: !!! Was using a spinner so i calm down 1st then use my hand to slow down the pull insted of tightening the drag. Some secs later it stopped so real slowly and TUGTUGTUG!!! wah don't giv chan liao i drag the bugger in slowly.took abt 10-12min it sow line 10M to my right.By the time i reach home around 6.30 i took this lousy picture.I straight away degut the bugger and seperate it for friends and family.I take the head and the tail ;) :thumbsup:

I believe if u use handline surely more interesting to play these guys but hope theres more game.....As responsible anglers we shud advice our fello fishos if we think there doing damage to the game bros....Thank you and hope you guys enjoyed my CR....

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

power catch ah.! enjoyed ur cr and i agree that juv fishes shud be release for another day. :thumbsup:
hope to see more from ya.
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

redsnapper
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by redsnapper »

That's a big monster toman. :nod: :thumbsup: Can't image a fight with this monster on handline. :lol: :lol: Hope to see more of your CRs.

I did some toman fishing in the past . The thrill of seeing the toman whacking surface popper is very exciting by itself, when the fish take the popper is another thrill all together.

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

nice :thumbsup:
An Ordinary BoY FiSHiNG ALL RoUnD SiNGaPORe

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Nice, that's a very big toman, and a fat one too! No alarm clock beats the sound of fish on the line. :D Toman this size never fails to put up a good fight.

But one factor against Toman is time; they need to surface to breathe from time to time even they have gills. So the longer the fight, the weaker they get. Often during fights, they may attempt lodge themselves in weeds or other forms of cover. If you wait long enough, the fish will come out on their own.

Handlining tomans are pretty fun too, but one must be careful when they burst. It can cause line burns if you're not alert.

So how was your toman cooked? ;)