Lemax Redsword VS Shakespeare Connosieur

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Lemax Redsword VS Shakespeare Connosieur

Post by ilurbtambans »

can any1 advice on these 2 budget rods? :D

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Lemax Redsword VS Shakespeare Connosieur

Post by Peace »

Sorry, I don't have experience with either rod. I know Shakespeare Connoisseur is cheaper than Lemax Red Sword. Red sword comes with sic guides which can better withstand braided line use and Connoisseur comes with normal guides (I think).

Other factors you want to consider is the weight of the rod, the maximum lure weight and action of the rod. That goes down to the size and type of lure and the techniques you're using. Both are good entry rods and should last you till you're experienced enough to know what kind of rod really suits you.

rookie
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by rookie »

i got connosieur before

break easily (twice)

come with sic guide oso

redsword should be better

Joseph_T
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Off Shore Go Go!

Post by Joseph_T »

The biggest problem with the redsword, like all lemax rods, is the guide, the blank is very trustable, sadly not the same can be said about the guides though =\

I would suggest spending a little more and get a bassterra EV, it's around $70~$80 I reckon.
Look after the oceans, for you merely borrowed it from the future generation.

ahwin
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by ahwin »

Yup, i agree with joseph_t my first ever rod i bought was a red sword and although it has served me well up till now, the guides are really flimsy and can be easily bent due to their "special" arrangement. Bought a basstera recently and just simply the feel of the rod is an eye opener. Now it is my bao bei(scared because i already broke it once, thanks to the warranty i got to replace the broken part :) ), quite scared to use until really have to =X

Cheers