whats the marina spot?

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

xiaodhanan
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: lure and shore. mostly fw

whats the marina spot?

Post by xiaodhanan »

alot of people have been telling me about this place . is it the marina park ? anyone been there ? hows the catch rate .

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: whats the marina spot?

Post by Peace »

I'm not quite sure but it may refer to the breakwaters along Marina South Pier to the Marina Barrage. There's another pier besides the Marina South Pier, I'm also not sure if you can fish its adjacent breakwaters.

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Crabbing,Inshore,Jetty and Pond Fishing...

Post by Newguy »

Are u guys refering to the spot at Marina Cruise Center..
I went there a few times in the morning and at night but was there not long as the weather nowadays r very hot and there no shelter.
Basically what i can say is that the place is nice for Picnic with family.
A lot of anglers at night but all arm with 12ft and 15ft rod no shorter than that.
And to what i heard and seen pic from my friends is that there is kerisi,grouper and KBL there but...
BUT the grouper and KBL is a bit dangerous coz the place where they fish is actually an illegal spot which is in the middle but the kerisi to what i heard is that arm with 12ft/15ft rod,a heavy weight,luck and lots of patience flowers do bloom. Coz stories spread ard that the kerisi there can go as big as half arm length.
So guys do check out the place and post ure killing here.
i will go there again once im quite free from work nxt mth and take some pic for u guys here at handline fishing to share it..

TUDOS GUYS..
Sorry to confuse u coz I'm still new to this sport...

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Yes, I believe that spot you're referring to is blocked off for construction or something. I've not been there for a long time so I am not sure how it is now. From what I heard, people are landing big Unga in the night. :shocked: