wassup!

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: wassup!

Post by Peace »

What species of catfish where they mostly? Striped eeltail catfish can come in school and stay at a location for quite sometime especially when you keep feeding them. :lol: I often see them ended up in crab traps and fish traps as well. Glad you guys enjoyed the trip. Although I'm not too fond of fishing in the night, I sometimes would organize an overnight fishing trip with my friend just for the experience and fun. :D

Crab
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Prawning,off shore fishing

Post by Crab »

Hi teamilk,nice catch still.For me,fishing is not about catching something always.In fact i got none alot of times.Anyway,the recent shimano ocea jigger 4000p and jigrex PE6 fishing rod plus another Athena rod 14-17 which i bought,has not been use yet.The good news is that i won recently two tickets to Universal studio and Golden village tickets which i won from Tan Tong Cheong (Singapore Shimano Distributor) is sufficient.
Well so much said.Another piece of good news to share to everyone this time.
There will be a Shimano Open House (for shimano freaks like me) this May on the 11th(Sat) at Rendezvous Hotel at Ballroom 1 from 11am-5.30pm.Similar to last year,early birds get a goody bag.(power pro lines may be inside).And do check out the lastest (start Drooling),the New Stella SW 2013 spool reels,so powerful that even my ocea jigger cannot match.I really cannot afford it this time (short of cash) but just by touching it will make me happy.
Go see it fishing buddies :)

teamilk
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: All types of fishing, Prawning

Post by teamilk »

Yeah, our crabbing net caught about 5 baby catfishes. lol.. but we threw them all back in.
the not so good thing about that spot is...there are cyclists squeezing through every 5mins or less. only till about 3am onwards, the cyclists flow reduces.
it's pretty tiring for overnight fishing esp when it's very quiet, with no bites. then we tend to go crazy and start talking to the fishes, jumping about, running around... lol
i was using floater almost the whole night cos i was sick of changing bait almost every 10mins (cos of the crabs). and also with hopes of catching a KBL. lol..

we might be going there again this weekend, and this time will be from noon till noon. 24 hours. :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:
...or maybe i'll try to convince my friend to go the shimano open house... lol
btw Crab, me and my friend are shimano fans too. lol..but he was reluctant to go cos as quoted by him "no point lah, all not affordable for us. " lol...

saintromeo
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by saintromeo »

Hi all!

I'm teamilk's fishing kaki, just started fishing. 请多多指教! :thumbsup:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Good luck on your upcoming trip. If you're bothered by bait stealers or crabs, you can lengthen the hook line and add a small floater in the middle of it. It'll elevate the bait from seabed and avoid most crab encounters.

I have good impression on Shimano reels too but you don't have to go for their top of the line models to do serious fishing. Just take good care of your reel and don't abuse it and it'll take you a long way. :)

Welcome to HLF Crab and saintromeo. :gift:

xiaodhanan
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: lure and shore. mostly fw

Post by xiaodhanan »

HLF waaayyy better than FK. btw awesome catches bro :)