Canaling

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

DMCY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type

Canaling

Post by DMCY »

Does anyone know a drain or canal which fishing is possible? I only know the clementi canal and pandan canal

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Canaling

Post by Peace »

I believe waterways that lead to reservoirs are technically illegal to fish in(unless stated) but authorities not too particular or keen to enforce the rules outside reservoirs. One canal I know you can legally fish is Pang Sua Canal located near woodlands road.

DMCY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type

Post by DMCY »

Anywhere with catfish?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

That canal does have catfish.

mtan8
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing

Post by mtan8 »

I went to Kallang River behind blk 63 recently and was surprised to see a huge Toman around 2.5 ft long swimming on the surface for 15 sec. There were also huge catfishes surfacing for breath. Later I walked upstream towards Bendemeer Road and saw an angler casting artificial lure appearantly aiming for Tioman. Unfortunately, there are presently "No Fishing" signs now at these spots. Maybe you could try explore further upstream to see whether there are areas upstream where yet to impose the no fishing sign. Good luck.