BTP Fishing Paradise

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

goldenmahseer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Lure fishing, Pond fishing

BTP Fishing Paradise

Post by goldenmahseer »

Hi guys, been to fishing paradise for a couple of times and so far i've had a pretty bad spell. Could you give me some pointers? Should I use bomb bread as a sinking bait or use it with a float? How should i use taiwanese sausages? (Btw i always use the golden dragon brand). Would really appreciate it, thanks! :-)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: BTP Fishing Paradise

Post by Peace »

I don't really have any useful tips for you as I don't do pond fishing, but have you approached the staff for some tips? I'm sure they're more than willing to help a revisiting customer in landing something. Daryl has been to the pond quite a few times, I'm sure he can give you a few pointers on it. He has good results with his home made kng. ;)

Welcome to HLF, goldenmahseer. :gift:

goldenmahseer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by goldenmahseer »

Thanks! Will ask them on my next visit.

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Prawning
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

hi hi
ok basically to target different species u have different bait and methods for them ok so i will explain basically what rigs what bait to target those fishes

Patins/Rohus/Siamese carp/RTCs /Pacus
now these fishes are basically herbivores and they do take bread on the surface. Sometimes ppl will attach hooks on a whole piece of bread then let it float out during the feeding session whereby large amount of bread is being poured out from the pump area .For me personally i nver tried this method there but during feeding time i do see large pacus and patins landed using this method but after feeding times not much of action.
Personally to target these fishes i use the bomb rig. Well it is a rig basically u can buy from the tackle shop there for $2 a pc . For that rig u mus use kng as bait .I dun really noe what the meaning of kng but for me basically in my opinion it is juz fish feed. So u can buy this from there too .So once u get the kng u will have to mix it with water to make it into a certain consistency , u can ask for help at the counter on how to mix it well and then u can use the pellets sold at the shop or use bread and mix it in with the kng so once u have ur kng rdy simply pressed it on to the spring of the bomb rig and bait the hooks with bread then cast into the MIDDLE of the pond patins tend to play in the middle in FP. then set ur drag not too tight and not too loose then juz kip ur line tight and wait for the take. The take would happen only when ur whole rod bends down.Do not set the hook for this rig . I juz let the rod bend and let the reel run before picking the rod and give a good tug . Do not strike when u see the rod twitch it is probably small fishes attacking the bomb.
using this method would ensure patins definitely and walking cats

RTCs / CPCs

these are the canivorous fishes i do hear ppl can get them by using sasuages but mostly the normal method the frequent fisher use is juz a braid mainline fg knoted to the lder then a big hook baiting with a saba head that can be purchased there for rtcs i dun rlly target them but for cpcs i heard from the staffs that they hang out near the nets .

tomans

tomans at Fp are plentiful but they arent easy to catch normal method will be using of frogs and giant prop baits near the stilts and nets .

i might be going FP this sun in the afternoon if u wanna join me juz whatsapp me at 94678551

goldenmahseer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by goldenmahseer »

Thanks! Will try out the methods you mentioned , however im not free on Sunday, sorry...

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

no problem bro have fun and do post ur CR here !

goldenmahseer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by goldenmahseer »

Sure!

goldenmahseer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by goldenmahseer »

Btw, can I squeeze white bread into the bomb rig instead of kng? Just asking.

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

yes firstly mix the kng with the bread yea then squeeze the bread onto the hook then cast it out =)

goldenmahseer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by goldenmahseer »

No, i mean can i squeeze bread into the metal cage?

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

yea ur bread shld be mixed in with the kng

goldenmahseer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by goldenmahseer »

Oh... I get it... Tks

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing and occasionally sea fishing
ask me anything about freshwater fishing and i will try to answer them :D

Post by patrick2405 »

the whole use of the bomb rig is actually the powder which will spread when it hits the water, spreading the scent of the powder in the area that you casted to, also known as chumming the area. this smell attracts fishes and when they find the bread or pellet on your hook, they will naturally take the bait. this is the most relaxed form of baiting whereby it wouldnt let you go home empty handed, but also wont guarantee a big catch. there is a customer at FP whose record was a fish every 2 mins after casting. my personal record was a fish approx around 5-10mins. the best consistency to mix requires practice, but after you cast your rig, the water that splashes upwards should have a slightly different colour due to the powder in the cage (in my case red as im using red powder), and shouldnt have much left in the cage after a long time when you reel back