Lower Seletar Legal

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Ultra_noob
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Everything:)

Lower Seletar Legal

Post by Ultra_noob »

Hi its me again...

Im gg to lure at LSR but not so sure which legal area better(theres the jetty and mrt track and 1 more?).Alr ask around but the only answer i keep getting is depends and i cant go to my secret spots cos my sis oso gg.Any recommendations which legal area to fish cos the competition very fierce at the jetty when the baiters are arnd.im gg first light and target is pb and snakehead family.

Many thanks in advance.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Lower Seletar Legal

Post by Peace »

I've lost touch with freshwater fishing, I'm quite surprised to find out that the mrt track and the stretch along seletar club road are now designated fishing areas. The MRT track side used to produce good results with PBs when it was still illegal to fish at, I think it's still worth a try.

Icylines
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: jetty fishing, handline fishing, random fishing (literally)

Post by Icylines »

I don't know but ppl say gg pandan reservoir not sure though only do sw fishing
Wheres my Fish?

Ultra_noob
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Everything:)

Post by Ultra_noob »

Thanks.oh yeah the ripples and swirls in the water are caused by fish right?and which types of lures should i use for different conditions?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Most ripples are caused by fish but many aren't the fish you think they are. ;) Those big gentle ripples are usually catfish while the small and sharp ones could be small gouramis or other small barbs. Snakeheads, especially haruan often surface for air but it's usually a slow and quiet surface break. I'm not really good in the luring department but in the early morning I like to use topwater lures when the water is calm, it really makes the lure stand out. Plus it's really exciting to see a fish hit a topwater lure. :P