net fishing at BTJ

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

kyjelly
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: jetty fishing

net fishing at BTJ

Post by kyjelly »

I saw some PRCs doing some net fishing before. kinda low key, staying near the shallow part, using just one small net... ok didn't put much thought into it.

Last night, this uncle had like 4,5 nets. Huge ones, like 15, 20 feet into the sea. Doing his operation near the T junction of the Jetty. He has like crates ready to pack all bait fishes he caught. I think he gonna sell them. He just retrieve, recast, then rotate. Making a big mess because he is retrieving water to wash his feet on the dock.

Annoying nuisance. I thought net fishing not allowed on BTJ. Anyway I wrote to NPB, waiting for their reply. I want to know who I should report incident to when it happens, or just call the police. I am gonna disrupt this commercial venture the best I can.
Damn Fish!!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: net fishing at BTJ

Post by Peace »

What he is doing is clearly illegal, there's a sign on the jetty that no net fishing is allowed. The jetty is under the jurisdiction of Nparks, you should call them right away when you're witnessing the netting activities so they can send the park officers to stop him. There's very little they can do if they're already gone.

Shadow Cat
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Universal

Re: net fishing at BTJ

Post by Shadow Cat »

Well thats a reason why people complain there are lesser tambans haha.