labrador-park-jetty-reopened

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

oldman
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

labrador-park-jetty-reopened

Post by oldman »

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: labrador-park-jetty-reopened

Post by Peace »

That's good news, that jetty used to be one of my favourite shore spots. I hope it's still as productive as before. :D

alibabaCrabber
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: anything

Post by alibabaCrabber »

Huat ah chionging to LAB park jetty now!!!!!!

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

alibabaCrabber wrote:Huat ah chionging to LAB park jetty now!!!!!!
Post some CRs please :p
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Limpeh
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Luring, Offshore, Ponding, Jigging

Post by Limpeh »

nice to see some CR here.

Limpeh
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Limpeh »

Went Lab Park on 2nd J?an 2017 morning. It was flooded with people! Mainly surf cast on both sides, mainly on right side of the jetty.

Played about 3-4 hours of ajing, zero fighter. It's not at high tide but rising tide.

Heard from my friend that when the jetty is closed, the could catch many species with ajing setup easily.

Anyone tried with good, or even decent results?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

If you're playing light rock fishing, you need to be near the reef fringe or near the breakwater. Unfortunately, that stretch of the jetty is in the 'no fishing' zone. The reef edge is at the first shelter of the jetty. On the outer wing of the jetty(the legal zone) you can try casting with jigs to target for spanish mackerels, queenfish or needlefish.

Limpeh
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Limpeh »

I kinda figured where you're referring. While walking to the end of jetty will come across a shelter. Was playing there for 15 min or so until my friend point to me a no fishing sign 3 meters away from me...

There's now a red line demarcated on the floor near to the end of jetty. To clearly indicate start of legal fishing zone...

I was almost sure I'll not be going back there again, at least not for the time being. Now that you've dropped this advice, I think I'll make time for it again when tide/current is right.

You recon that jetty fishing would be most productive 2 hours before & after high tide? As for playing ajing, any tide/current/etc to aim for?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I would fish anytime when the tide starts coming in until the water starts to recede. If would be good if there's current flow, but it's been wacky since the land reclamation for pasir panjang port. If you see people landing tambans, it's another good sign.

The outer shelter on the right wing has been the most popular spot the jetty. If you want to do baiting there, you have to be early to catch a spot. I wouldn't encourage you to fish before the red line. Npark staff does periodic checks, and so far I've seen them giving verbal warning to those fishing illegally on the jetty. I wouldn't push my luck though.

Icylines
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: jetty fishing, handline fishing, random fishing (literally)

Post by Icylines »

Ive been there twice now. In terms of catch rate it is pretty slow. I prefer baiting with small prawn meat. The catch is mainly large size silver biddy and the occasional leather jackets. I did lose a couple good takes that either got snagged or bent out my hooks.
Wheres my Fish?

Commando_YR_Chin
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Jetty Fishing, Lure Fishing, Squid Fishing, Crabbing, Offshore Fishing.

Post by Commando_YR_Chin »

same, the catch rate there is very slow... dunno where are all the fishes... i think probably the renovation disrupted the ecosystem, thus not as many big fishes as before... did saw a huge barracuda sunning but it got freaked out by my lure and was gone...
Fishing is #AWESOME!!! :thumbsup: :D :fish: :fish2: