Boon Tiong Kee Chicken Rice

Discuss about all the good food in town. Share your reviews on the various places you've dined here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Boon Tiong Kee Chicken Rice

Post by Oinkie »

Please do a food report if you are in any outlet.

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Whampoa Branch

Post by Oinkie »

Address: 34 Whampoa West #01-93 Singapore 330034
(beside Boon Keng MRT)
Operations Hours: Mon-Fri: 11.00am - 3.00pm and 5.00pm - 10.00pm
Sat, Sun and Public holiday: 11:00am - 10.00pm

Boon Tiong Kee started with a small stall in 1979............ it's a history lesson pasted all over the wall as you step into the restaurant. There are also the Straits Times cuttings dated back in the 80s, 90s all the way till now when they first started until now. I do enjoy reading all the cuttings and writeups, this sure keeps you busy while waiting for the food. Now back to the topic.

We were there on a Friday afternoon during lunch, the lunch crowd was ok. We were able to get a table for 2. One thing though I don't quite like the sitting arrangement as it was pretty close to one another. Therefore those who goes there for lunch or dinner just be careful what you yak. You don't want the next table to know the details of what you ate yesterday. For those who drive parking maybe a little tricky even the carpark right at the doorstep you may need to wait for a while to get space.

I would say the service is good. The table was promptly cleared after the previous diners left and a fresh table cloth was laid. Looking at the menu was indeed a big mistake there's too much of a choice to make. If I have a choice I will take one of each. There's only the 2 of us so we had to make a difficult choice as we didn't want to go back to work sleepish..... :nod:

Well here goes, we ordered a plate of white chicken for two. The meat tasted tender, just right. To me it is good enough to eat it on it's own. When the meat is dipped into the home made chilli sauce, minced garlic and black soy sauce, I should say it's heavenly. We also ordered the Thai style chicken feet skin. When the dish first came I had a look at it, wow the skins as white as Scott's fur (oops) I mean the feets are cleaned up very nicely before it's cooked. It's chewy and nice. Overall I enjoy the food and most importantly the company, I will be back again to try the other signature dishes... :drool:

Last edited by Oinkie on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: Boon Tiong Kee Chicken Rice

Post by dBs™ »

Wow ... another nice write-up from Oinky. :thumbsup:

I have always wanted to do one on Boon Tong Kee, one of the BEST chicken rice in town.
Always didn't have the chance to snap some nice pics.
I was eating at the one in Balestier just last week. ::x:

Looks like they have unanimous deco for all outlets.
And their service is definitely good.

I actually had Scott with me that day and was hard-up for chicken rice.
Thick skin-ly ... I went straight up to the manager and asked nicely if we are allowed
to sit outside the restaurant coz we have a dog with us.

Not only were we lead to a nice table for 4 ... Scott was offered a chair ! :shocked:
As the chairs were velvet cushioned ... I promptly thanked the waitress and
had Scott sit on my lap while we enjoy our meal of tender chicken n rice ! :drool:

So far ... we have only eaten at the one at Balestier so really duno if the chicken tasted the same in other branches.

And yes I do agreed ... every items on the menu are just so tempting to have.
It will take many visits to try each and every one out. :lol:

But their chicken is a must each time we eat at Boon Tong Kee !
They are not famous for no reasons ... want chicken rice ..no need to go Melaka ...
Boon Tong Kee has the best chicken & rice. :nod: