Ng Ah Sio Pork Rib Soup

Discuss about all the good food in town. Share your reviews on the various places you've dined here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Ng Ah Sio Pork Rib Soup

Post by dBs™ »

Ng Ah Sio Pork Ribs Soup Eating House at Rangoon Road is famous in a special way,
at least it is for me because it allegedly snubbed Donald Tsang, the Hong Kong Chief Executive.
And it is for this reason that I so wanted to find out what makes this pork rib soup ... special !

We made it for brunch today ... now that they are operating longer hours,
used to closed at 2pm and that's exactly the reason the "VIP" was turned down.

We were quickly seated and orders were taken systematically ... prompt service with servers coming round to top up your soup regularly.
After tasting the soup ... I turned to Simon and he knew immediately what's brewing in my mind ...
While the pork ribs in the strong peppery soup base were tasty, I am not sure if I will come all the way to Rangoon road just for Bak Kut Teh.

Two pieces of chunky ribs cost $8 ... meat was tasty with naturally sweet and a pleasant peppery aroma.
Kidney were fresh and had no offal smell ... and small intestines were very well braised.
The soy-sauce-based gravy was not salty which I really like.
What really impresses me was the salted veggies ... chai buay.
Cut into small cubes, the salted vegetables was soft, juicy and tangy with just the right amount of garlic fragrance coming from it.

If there is anything that make me want to come again ... it's the gong fu cha ~ :thumbsup:
Love the Chinese tea after sipping into peppery soup ... the tea just make it even better.