Eng Kee Bak Kut Teh

Discuss about all the good food in town. Share your reviews on the various places you've dined here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Eng Kee Bak Kut Teh

Post by dBs™ »

It's BKT aka Bak Kut Teh week ... :lol:

First is Ng Ah Sio ... now is Eng Kee which is so near home yet we only tried it recently.
This stall was brought to my attention by egging kaki Tere long time ago.
It is only when the BDR ( Bishan Dog Run ) reopens recently that we decided to check out what's happening over the other side of the bridge.

It's not difficult to notice the long long Q snaking all the way to the walkway ... that's Eng Kee !
Gonna put the formula Long Q = Good Food to the test again ...

Waiting time is approximately 20mins ... you will be informed of waiting time when it's your turn to place order ...
The system goes .. queue ... order ... sit and wait for food to be served.

Ordered the usual dishes of bak kut teh, salted veggies and "twirly tubby", a must have for me.
And of course we ordered the famous pig trotter too ...
The saying goes ... don't judge the book by it's cover ... so though the trotter look black and ugly and simply not appetizing at all ...
It taste other wise ... the meat is soft and tender, the skin is gelatin-like and evenly flavored.
The gravy is extremely dark and although it should be salty, has a slightly sweet edge to it and goes very well with rice ... yum !
Going at $5 a bowl ... it seems this dark trotter is more popular than the bak kut teh.

The pork rib soup comes served in a clear broth with a even blend of different spices, not overly peppery too ...
However, the pork rib are a little too tough for my liking ...
But the intestines were fabulously delicious in those soup ~ best combination. :thumbsup:

Open for business everyday including Monday from 8am - 3pm ...
This stall is definitely going into our favorite food list !