Beach Road Prawn Noodle House

Discuss about all the good food in town. Share your reviews on the various places you've dined here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Beach Road Prawn Noodle House

Post by dBs™ »

BEACH ROAD PRAWN NOODLE HOUSE
370 East Coast Road
Singapore 428981

Tel : 63457196

Business Hours : 8am-4pm daily
Closed on Tuesdays

The prawn noodles here at Beach Road Prawn Noodle House are really good. :thumbsup:
* Note ... it is located in East Coast Road and not Beach Road despite the name

This O-So_Famous prawn noodle is probably the most expensive around.
With the price increase, I do notice the prawn size getting smaller but it has not affected it's business much.
In fact ... they have expanded from one shop space to two, you still might have to wait for a seating on weekends.

Their signature Jumbo Prawn Noodles, cost $10.80 now.
Served pipping hot with each jumbo prawn cut opened in the center with the shell in tact.
It makes eating the prawn easier as the flesh can be extracted without having to shell the prawns.
The essence of this dish is in the soup - extremely savoury soup which is flavourful of the prawn extract.
I like to eat mine with yellow noodles, add in your own dosage of chilli powder and eat it with chilli padi ... simply heavenly.

Something which I notice ... Ngor Hiang seems to always go hand in hand with prawn noodles.
Same thing goes here at the Beach Road Prawn Noodle House, a ngor hiang stall right besides the ordering counter.
I like their yam fritters ... crispy and delicious.
This stall doesn't really need to be outstanding to do well as they ride on the success of the prawn noodle.
While waiting for the prawn noodles to be served ... most of us tend to order the ngor hiang as side dish.

dBilicious Index : 4.0/5

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: Beach Road Prawn Noodle House

Post by dBs™ »

Craving for "King" prawns hae mee ?

Head to Beach Road Prawn Noodle House lor ....

We were there for lunch the day before. We just had the Hoe Nam version of prawn noodle and
were here to confirm our findings. haha ....

The spacious seating in a two shop space capacity ... to provide a more comfortable eating experience.
Despite this ... with the generous amount of chilli powder added in plus the hot weather ...
Sweat drops were trickling down our forehead and cheek as we tucks into pipping hot prawn noodles.
It was a wonderful feeling ...power is the word.
The king prawns were juicy sweet and meaty. I love the soup base here.

This is the BEST prawn noodle in Singapore, at least for the two of us. :thumbsup:

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: Beach Road Prawn Noodle House

Post by dBs™ »

We were at the "best" prawn noodles restaurant today with Scott. :shh:

Once reached ..survey the place and there were not many customers as it's still early for lunch corwds.
There were plenty of no smoking sign but not a single "no dogs are allowed in the premises" sign.
So happily we sat outside automatically so as not to annoyed others who dislike dogs.

Order our favourite hae mee soup for me n the dry version for Simon.

Sad to say ... the standard seems to be getting bad.
The "bak you pok" aka lard is still crispy n good with lots of fried shallots.
But the noodles was too over cooked ... lost the chewy "bite n break" texture.
The soup was kinda salty this time round too.

Guess ... if we ever going to return ... it's because Scott can tag along. ::x: