baby tomans

Share moments of you and your lovely pets here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

DMCY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type

baby tomans

Post by DMCY »

Help! Caught a few baby tomans but does not know what to feed them. They are only 1-2 cm long. tried mashed up dried shrimps and fish food but it wont eat. Anyone who kept them before with any tips?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: baby tomans

Post by Peace »

I've not kept such fries before, but have you tried dried blood worms or tubifex worms? Maybe the fries are still unsettled in the tank yet.

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Prawning
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Sup bro baby tomans are voracious when feeding.they dun really eat dead stuffs with they are young , try giving them small live feeder shrimps brought from fish shop.i have one but sadly died ... Cos probably my tank is too small, be sure to have a big enough tank to support them when they grow up u can trying hand feeding them when they are small but when they are bigger I suggest u dun try hahahhahas good luck rearing and do post pics of them growing!!

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Post by stout infantfish »

Check your water PH level,as they may be stress out due to different enviroment.You can purchase vitamins for them.I bought it at the fish shop in a liquid form ( Ocean Free) is the brand name i think.Cost about $14.90.
try feeding them dapahnails, they love them,you can buy this at chinatown smith street hawker centre aquarium shop at level 2 (the one with a lady boss).Also as they like to swim around with weeds and plant,decorate it so they can "hide" from you.they will feel safe that way.And if you are successful,i suggest you upgrade your tank to a bigger one.As for air bubbles,low pressure will do,slowly increase it to adjust the current flow as your fish might like some current.Finally.monitor your fish daily and watch for signs of stress like not eating or quiet.you should be able make them adapt.Worse come,get some water from the pond (the place that you fish and add a bucket to your tank.I have keep my chilads for 7 years and the fish seems good still.Best of luck :)

DMCY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by DMCY »

Can you give the exact address of the chinatown shop? Also, is it possible to "force" feed them by inserting egg yolk in the water?

DMCY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by DMCY »

Also, is there any MRT station near it?

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Post by stout infantfish »

Smith Street Blk 335 (Chinatown Complex Market)
You may ask the regulars around there..Just go to the popular claypot rice area and cross over to the next building.Homemade eggs will cloud and stink up your water.Go ask if they still carry processed type for the fish required.Thank you

goldenmahseer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Lure fishing, Pond fishing

Post by goldenmahseer »

I've tried feeding frozen food, but it doesnt seem to work, they ONLY eat live food in my experience.