Sedili

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Sedili

Post by Streetmonkey »

going on a trip to sedili on the 26 to 27, wonder what kind of tackle and fishes can get from there. ANyone can provide some insight?

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Re: Sedili

Post by stout infantfish »

Simple,type sedili fishing at yahoo or google it and you can see what fishes that can be caught there.Basically,you can get Ikan Cherimin,spanish mackerel, breams or snapper there.As this will be an off shore fishing,bring along your apollo rigs and boat rods, a light tacke if you want to jig for kembong.But pre warned,water there is a little rough this season,bring along sea sick pills if necessary.Ask your boatman for his advised on what bait to be used as they are the expert.Most of all,goodluck and happy fishing.May you bring back some photographs to share with us at handline fishing.Cheers :nod:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

If you're doing bottom fishing, I would prepare some strong fc leader and hooks that can deal with big tuskfish. (Hopefully, there are still some around :p ) You may also want to to bring some heavy wire leader if you're interested to hook up some barracudas in the night. stout infantfish has some good tips. ;)

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

orh... thk u... duno wad fish can be hooked up by me this rough season.. worst of all duno wad kind of boat... if those wooden bumboat... i sian liao

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

You should talk to your organizer, he probably can give you more accurate information regards to your queries. From what dBs tells me, those run-down boats are the better ones. They're commercial fisherman and knows very well where the fishes are, unlike those that are just taking you for a ride. :shocked:

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

the organiser aso no head no tail, someone arrange... he jus nivite me... i dun mind the run down boat but my old frn cant... ( he wu lui lang mus b in comfort de) lol.
i wana get COBIA... i dun care i wan COBIA... i wan gaint grouper... at least 30KG..

i bringing my accurate 870.... my calstar PE3-80 ... to whack the gaint grouper... wahahahaha I DUN CARE I WAN THIS 2 fish wahahah i know i m dreaming :x

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Then you better get your organizer to find out, you don't want your friend to get a nasty surprise when he reaches there. That tackle of yours will take on any fish there, so don't worry. As stout infantfish said, you might want to bring along a light rod for catching baitfish or even squids. ;)

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

i trust my frn... anyway... i dun mind getting dirty.. but my frn is kinda of old, i waan make him as cofortable as possible... light tackle as in? i .... very kiasu de... i dun trust light set up... i dun like to play wif fish, ....it force against force hence my set up. i am bring along a another 3-6 rod and a abu sweden 10000CL ( old series) jus bought from another old an... but i abit regret :(

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Well you can use a PE3-6 to jig but it's heavy to use for such purpose. Anyway, good luck on your fishing trip!

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

ya lor lol... see how lazy to get other rod :( it getting more expensive for fishing nowaday

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

btw wad the ideal light set up for sedili?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Something along the lines of PE1-2 will do, plus you can do some micro jigging with it. :p

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

Actually, i not very sure wad jigging or light tackle... :x

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Jigging can mean differently depending on who you talk to. For your sedili trip, you can jig for scads or mackerels using those feathered hooks usually in a string of 7 hooks. The other type of jigging uses metal jigs (usually made from lead that looks like a fish) to catch bigger fish. Light tackle simply means a rod and reel setup that uses a lighter lines that are typically used for fishing smaller fishes.

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

roger roger.. thk u peace... i miss alley cat .