TwinPower 6000PG

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

TwinPower 6000PG

Post by Burpp »

Hi Guy's
What rod will you pair with a TwinPower 6000 PG reel? Anyone have a similar setup?

Please advice.

Thanks

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: TwinPower 6000PG

Post by Peace »

Where will you be using this setup at and for what type of fishing? Any budget?

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

TwinPower 6000PG

Post by Burpp »

For jigging/bottom. I saw megabass rod $400++ looks good to me but my friend ask me buy majorcraft giant killing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

TwinPower 6000PG

Post by Oinkie »

Burpp wrote:For jigging/bottom. I saw megabass rod $400++ looks good to me but my friend ask me buy majorcraft giant killing.

I'm also in the market looking for a new rod to match my new reel. I had a few considerations when I choose my rods.

1. It had to be light especially if you are holding the rod for a period of time.
2. Must be able to match my reel. I will bring my reel a long to match the new rod. To me the top must not be too heavy.
3. Strong backbone If you use more for bottom I would suggest you go for one that has a strong backbone to yank the fish out of the hole. You don't want to have one that's too soft until you can't set the hook.
4. Length. For easier transport.
5. Jig weight. You may want to consider one that can handle up to 250g. For bottom I would consider one that can handle a size 8 sinker.

Take a look at the spec of the giant killing may not be what you are looking for.

I would suggest you go for the Alexander.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

TwinPower 6000PG

Post by Burpp »

Thanks for the great info! Yesterday i saw a Megabass Trigya Rod.. But the pricing abit on the high side. Anyway i yet to purchase my TP6000. Beside TP 6000 any other reel to intro as well? Budget is $1000 include rod reel line

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

TwinPower 6000PG

Post by ilurbtambans »

You can take a look at the new shimano saragosa sw that is coming soon, 260usd so that would be about 400sgd
As for your rod you can go with oinkies suggestion, but make sure you go to the shop and load the rod, get the feel of it

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

TwinPower 6000PG

Post by Oinkie »

Burpp wrote:Thanks for the great info! Yesterday i saw a Megabass Trigya Rod.. But the pricing abit on the high side. Anyway i yet to purchase my TP6000. Beside TP 6000 any other reel to intro as well? Budget is $1000 include rod reel line

Actually I would go for the Stella 5k pg. Expensive but it's well worth it. The Stella 5k pg is good enough for this region.

I would also match the reel with the Alexander. It's like a perfect match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

I just got a Twinpower 5000pg from a kaki, If i pair it with a GiantKilling PE2-4 ?
Any advice?

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

TwinPower 6000PG

Post by Oinkie »

Burpp wrote:I just got a Twinpower 5000pg from a kaki, If i pair it with a GiantKilling PE2-4 ?
Any advice?

As mentioned the giant killing more like for light jigging. I would match it for a smaller reel 3k or 2.5k. But for a 5k reel the Alexander will be a better choice.

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

If i go for the alexander i have to opt for the PE2-4 isn't it? since i going to pair it with a 5000PG
Oinkie wrote:
Burpp wrote:I just got a Twinpower 5000pg from a kaki, If i pair it with a GiantKilling PE2-4 ?
Any advice?

As mentioned the giant killing more like for light jigging. I would match it for a smaller reel 3k or 2.5k. But for a 5k reel the Alexander will be a better choice.

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

TwinPower 6000PG

Post by Oinkie »

Burpp wrote:If i go for the alexander i have to opt for the PE2-4 isn't it? since i going to pair it with a 5000PG
Suggest bring your reel down to the tackle shop and feel for yourself. For me I'm more comfortable till pe 5 as I want to bring the rod for overseas fishing. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2