Artificial lures at Bedok Jetty

For enthusiasts using artificial lures.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

SJL
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Artificial lures at Bedok Jetty

Post by SJL »

Going to Bedok jetty at night wondering if artificial lures would work. If so what kind should I use?

Also what's the maximum hook size these tamban will take?

Tks

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Artificial lures at Bedok Jetty

Post by Peace »

Hmm I'm not sure if jigs will work well during the night, but the normal hard body lures and rubbers will work. The problem is the height of the jetty which makes it hard to work your lure. Rubbers will work fine though. For tamban jigs, size 6 is ideal but you can use up to size 8 if you want to cover occasional big selars or sagais.

Welcome to HLF, SJL. :)

SJL
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by SJL »

So to catch the night tamban for bait up to size 8 instead of the smaller ones used during the day?

I have mainly size 4,5 and 8 so I'll try those.

As for lures I'm using a YAMASHITA MARIA MINNOW FAKE BAITS col MIRG 70mm FLOATING GR 3,8 but not sure what category it would fall under..... :sweatdrop:

Tks for the advice

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Night tambans are typically slightly larger than day ones so size 8 can work. I would stick to smaller ones like the size 5 you have for better hookups. For your lure, as with those with the lip, will find difficulty working from heights. Your rod tip needs to be close to the water in order for the lure to swim and dive properly. They will be fine at a distance but it will break the surface as it gets closer to you.

SJL
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by SJL »

I see tks a lot will be trying it tomorrow :)

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

SJL wrote:So to catch the night tamban for bait up to size 8 instead of the smaller ones used during the day?

I have mainly size 4,5 and 8 so I'll try those.

As for lures I'm using a YAMASHITA MARIA MINNOW FAKE BAITS col MIRG 70mm FLOATING GR 3,8 but not sure what category it would fall under..... :sweatdrop:

Tks for the advice
To lure with a light weight floating minnow lure from that height off the water, technically the lure wouldn't be reaching its intended depth. Even though it is floating, but it dives with cranks. Somewhat, luck plays an important part, never say never, you might get lucky.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

nicholasccc
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: lure fishing

Post by nicholasccc »

Taman is active in the day time, in the day time you can get them easy two hour before the high tide or two hour after high. in the night, you are luck to get them as some taman is just like finding the dory... forget to go home...